Flavorless Protein Powder?

LunaChic
on 3/23/12 3:44 am - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
So I heard there's a such thing as flavorless protein powder.  I'm scheduled to have my VSG on April 12th and would like to get something that will help me get all my protein in during the first few weeks of liquids and mushy foods.

Any suggestions?

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

katie M.
on 3/23/12 3:49 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I was told that Unjury has the best unflavored powder. I'm pre-op as well and tried to mix it with Crystal Light and gagged! I'm hoping that if my tastes change after surgery it will be better! If not, I'll probably just be using it to mix into pudding, etc!
Ms. Poker Face
on 3/23/12 3:58 am

There are "unflavored" protein powders like Unjury, but there's still going to be a flavor, usually a whey taint.  It's really yucky to me, so I found myself better off with the flavored protein powders I could tolerate.

Good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

trayb17
on 3/23/12 4:02 am
VSG on 01/05/12
I was using Unjury and found that if I mixed it with crystal light fruit punch or lemonade I could barely taste it.
kimbethin
on 3/23/12 4:37 am - CA
I use GNC unflavored protein powder.  It mixed well in soups, SF puddings, yogurt and applesauce.  I don't think I've tried in in anything else.  The trick is to no use in in anything too hot, and not to smell it while you are mixing it in anything.  Good luck.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
doggz109
on 3/23/12 4:42 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Doesn't exist......"flavorless" just means it doesn't have an artificial flavor.  It still has that "protein" taste.
NikkiPO
on 3/23/12 4:48 am

Designer Whey Natural flavor works well in crystal light / sugar free drink mixes as well. What little flavor that it does have is not over whelming and is not sweet tasting. I got tired of all the powders being so sweet. Hope this helps

bjalberta
on 3/23/12 8:07 am - Canada
VSG on 03/20/12
 I found that if I drink unflavored protein in coffee, crystal light, etc, I have to use a lid on the cup.  I don't get the " proteiny " smell and it seems to help me tolerate the mixture a little better.

BJ

HW 325     SW 303    CW 245.    GW  170
Most Active