Facial Piercings Part 2

June W.
on 4/6/12 11:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
Well, I talked with my surgeon and I can leave in my dermal anchor piercings as they are implanted in the skin. I can leave in all of the rest of my piercings except those on the nose and mouth. He explained that the mask they use and tubing will be affected by those. So a compromise!

The dermal piercings were the ones I was worried about since they weren't exactly a party to have put in. The others I can take out before the surgery and as soon as I am able, I can pop them back in.

Just a heads up for anyone else who might have some piercings.

CandieHearts
on 4/6/12 11:14 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 05/17/12
Ooo, I have a Monroe and a tounge piercings, do you think those will be an issue?

June W.
on 4/6/12 11:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
Yeah, from what my surgeon said, anything in the mouth or nose area has to go. I think I'm lucky he's not telling me to remove them all.

tripmom02
on 4/6/12 12:20 pm - NJ
 They didn't make me take my nose piercing out, they just put tape over it, before you take them out (if it's difficult for you, my nose is almost impossible and bleeds like crazy every time) ask them about the tape. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

BriarRose
on 4/6/12 3:27 pm
OK, so I'm old. What are dermal piercings ? And a Monroe ? And a dermal anchor ?

Just wondering.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
June W.
on 4/7/12 2:01 am, edited 4/7/12 2:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
Dermal Piercings are implanted in the skin:

BriarRose
on 4/7/12 2:04 am
June -- pic didn't come through !!! Will have to look it up on google. Thanks for responding though, and much luck with your upcoming surgery ! I know you will do great !
Briar Rose  
June W.
on 4/7/12 2:07 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
Check again, I think I figured it out!! :o)

BriarRose
on 4/7/12 2:15 am
While you were re-posting, I looked it up. Looks painful. But very pretty. Man, I hope that you are young enough and have elastic skin enough that whatever else you have pierced doesn't sag with weight loss ! (sorry, I just couldn't help by have my imagination go there!)

Keep me updated on your progress. You are going to be so pleased with your weight loss !!!
Briar Rose  
LeahBea
on 4/7/12 2:19 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I have a couple facial piercings and everytime I've had surgery it's always,"we can't let you leave it in because we'd be liable if it came out and you choked on it..." or something similar.

So I just take them out begrudgingly and put them back in as soon as I wake up.

Leah

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views