Should the weight fall off or are there ups and downs

HowieG
on 4/10/12 6:50 am
VSG on 03/28/12
 I know I shouldn't weigh myself daily but, I am two weeks out and it seems that my weight is goinjg up and down around a certain number. Surely I should see a greater weight loss in the beginning.
On the other hand, I am still on liquids and the body has nothing to break down.
Any comments would be welcome.

To infinity and beyond - I have an ongoing blog Pre -> Post - Feel free to drop in 
                                  http://howiegordonadaped.blogspot.com/ 

INgirl
on 4/10/12 6:55 am, edited 4/10/12 6:56 am
Gains and losses all the way to goal for me. I stayed on plan, no jigging around with any of the numbers, intake etc , no fretting about how to "break the stall".. just went about my business, and the trend was down obviously :)

Check my profile and you can see my weekly and 4wk grouped losses.. you'll see weeks where I held steady, gained or lost. This was my body being my body. It's a normal weight loss pattern.. we all wi**** would be a steady fall all the way down, but it's not! Some months were a lot less, but then the next would make up for it..

Edited to add: I weigh daily too, and recommend it provided it doesn't start making you question everything and worry.. if it does, stop! But track everything food wise, that's my biggest help.. bumping a post that will help you with the early out stalls/lack of losses/gains.. it explains it..
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 6:58 am - Mexico
On April 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM Pacific Time, HowieG wrote:
 I know I shouldn't weigh myself daily but, I am two weeks out and it seems that my weight is goinjg up and down around a certain number. Surely I should see a greater weight loss in the beginning.
On the other hand, I am still on liquids and the body has nothing to break down.
Any comments would be welcome.

There is the infamous 3 week stall and then another stall about every 50# for most of us.

You aren't going to lose weight everyday, that isn't how it works. ;o)

Sometimes you'll lose pounds and then you'll lose inches when you aren't losing pounds.  It really is crazy how it all works out.

rhearob
on 4/10/12 7:26 am - TN
 Sorry Dude, as frustrating as it is you won't see losses every day.  Even when I was losing an average of a pound a day - that was only the average.  Now I will loses for two or three days and then stay steady for a day or two.  

Of course it usually happens like today when I am 1 pound away from a major milestone, LOL.

Back in January I even gained a total of five lbs.  before I started losing again.

There are lots of variables in play.  Just stay on plan and the weight will come off.  The overall trend is down, thats whats important - not the slope.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Carmelita
on 4/10/12 7:40 am - Four Corners, NM
HowieG
on 4/10/12 6:11 pm
VSG on 03/28/12
 You mean the picture didn't give it away? Yes I am male. Like the average idea
Thanks for the link to the profile...Very informative
To infinity and beyond - I have an ongoing blog Pre -> Post - Feel free to drop in 
                                  http://howiegordonadaped.blogspot.com/ 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 271 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views