Having trouble recognizing Full

seanbear66rn
on 4/10/12 7:34 am - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 I am having trouble figuring out "Full" pacing myself. Just having trouble with when I am full
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

Pooch2
on 4/10/12 7:53 am, edited 4/9/12 7:56 pm
Well you will BUT you should not interested in that information right now...right now you want to take it easy and go slow and allow your new sleeve to heal, or you have the risk hurting yourself. At 4 days out I was one day before I tried my first Premier Protein shake, which took me an hour to drink that 11 oz shake and most would take the entire day....day 5 I got 50 g protein and 60 oz of water and kept that up, it was ALOT of work, so go slow and sip sip sip your liquids, the best thing you can do for yourself today is get your 4 ounces an hour for each waking hour, if you do that, like 1 oz every 15 minutes, you will be right on target.... and the moment you do feel any tightness, burbing, tighness or other signs of restriction STOP.... wait, resume in a while, liquids will not yeild restriction unless you drink WAY to fast... Congratulations, heal up and feel better.....

When your sleeve has healed and your doctor opens up your food options, you can figure out your restriction....but wait for the swelling to go down and the healing much much further along then 4 days....
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
Rosemary1031
on 4/10/12 8:15 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
While you're on liquids, it becomes very hard to ascertain what full is. You have to remember that they are liquids and they "flush", they go right through.

I thought maybe the doctor forgot to sleeve me in the operating room that first week, because I felt I could go through lots of broth and jello and felt no restriction.

When you get into mushies, you will feel a little more restriction, but you will still be questioning "full".

It's not until you get into solids that you will know what full is. I like to call it "buffett full", even after 3-5 bites. You will definitely feel it.

Good luck!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views