I can't tell what I'm feeling- Hunger or pain?

June W.
on 4/14/12 12:46 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
So I'm just a couple days out of surgery and I can't tell when I am full. I have discomfort from the surgery at the incision points and inside where my sleeve is. So it is difficult for me to tell if I'm eating too much, like drinking too much of a protein shake, or if I'm just sore.

Anyone else feel like this or know when it gets better?

jspurple
on 4/14/12 12:56 am - fairburn, GA
VSG on 04/11/12
I can only get 1 ounce in at time then I have to wait fifteen minutes before trying again. I do get a slight pain and start to burp when my sleeve has had enough.

AnnMarie
on 4/14/12 1:11 am
VSG on 04/10/12
hmmm. these feelings we have are new for a lot of us! Do you have any of the small cups they probably gave you at the hospital? I think they're 1 oz. I would try measuring everything and on a tight schedule (as your dr likely suggested) and see what feelings you have at that point. Best to you!

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

peeches35
on 4/14/12 1:21 am
VSG on 04/03/12
thats why u have to measure your intakes i can drink 4 oz thats a 1/2 cup and i sop even if i feel like i want more i stop

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

newme2011-2012
on 4/14/12 1:29 am
You won't feel "full" or restriction on liquids.
When to go on to dense protien you will.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

sparkles4me
on 4/14/12 2:29 am - PA
VSG on 03/06/12
On April 14, 2012 at 7:46 AM Pacific Time, June W. wrote:
So I'm just a couple days out of surgery and I can't tell when I am full. I have discomfort from the surgery at the incision points and inside where my sleeve is. So it is difficult for me to tell if I'm eating too much, like drinking too much of a protein shake, or if I'm just sore.

Anyone else feel like this or know when it gets better?
Yes  been there.  I found that that feeling responded to the pain med.  So try that. Sip SLOWLY... you WILL feel full.  I told my surgeon I FELT the upper tip of my stomach(sutures)... I DID.. he said it was probably hitting the diaphram.   Im a nurse and that made sense... I felt the staples..   that stopped as the swelling went down... which takes while... hang in... frequent little sips... It will pass.  I wondered if I had made a mistake at first... felt so yucky... I listened to everyone did what I was supposed to and now its fine!!!  Hang on!!!!
Good LUck
sparkles4me     
sparkles4me
on 4/14/12 2:30 am - PA
VSG on 03/06/12
ps  my widget wont change... im down 42lbs
sparkles4me     
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views