3+ years out and how I got rid of regain

loverofcats
on 4/16/12 4:21 am
Thanks, Lee. That is very sweet. I'm proud to call you a friend, too!!

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

sublimate
on 4/15/12 1:48 pm - San Jose, CA
Congrats and thanks for sharing your story! For me, because I'm a food addict and have binge eating disorder, I know that for me the habits and changes have to be for life. Even if I'm at goal, I know that there are just certain foods I will never be able to eat because they will bring out the food addict in me.

I have tried so many times to do some foods in moderation (they are all pretty much sliders too!), and never could, so for me it really helped to be at peace with and recognize my own personal weakness.

I had to stop thinking, just one bite won't hurt because it always did. I had to stop saying, yea but this time I will ONLY have a little bit.. because I never did. It's like telling an alcoholic to ONLY have one drink. Did you find this true for you at all?

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Pura Vida
on 4/15/12 1:52 pm - Costa Rica
 I also have binge eating disorder, and trust me, I wasn't binging on grilled fish. More like chips ahoy and m&ms.  I will always have those demons to fight, but damn it feels good to be able to get back on the horse!

amytang81
on 4/15/12 2:00 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with
I am almost 2 years out and I hear everything you are saying. I need the protein shakes again. I will buy more tomorrow. Thanks for your post.
Pura Vida
on 4/15/12 1:56 pm - Costa Rica
Oh, and one more thing, I am truly sorry that I don't remember *****commended it, but I did buy the book, the weight loss surgery coping companion by Tanie Miller Kabala, and it has been fantastic for helping me identify emotional triggers. I highly recommend it!
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/12 11:07 pm
TFS!  I think I need to get that book.  And awesome job kicking it into gear like that.  That took real commitment and a lot of self-discipline.
ruggie
on 4/15/12 3:12 pm - Sacramento, CA
Congratulations to not giving up, and kudos to you for remaining accountable to yourself and staying on goal.  Way to go!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Pura Vida
on 4/15/12 9:45 pm - Costa Rica
 Ruggie, thanks, and if I get nothing else out of my visits to OH, I get to see your tshirt collection ;), I remember when they didn't fit you. Great job!

MargeAD
on 4/15/12 3:45 pm - CA
So inspiring to know that you reversed a trend that could have led you down another path! Thanks so much!

MikeyMike
on 4/15/12 8:25 pm - New York, NY
I've always been impressed by your dedication to get back on track. I'm in awe of your pictures. You're a beautiful woman both inside and out.

Congrats!!!

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views