Day 4: did someone wash my mouth out with soap?

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/21/12 12:07 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
 Not that I wouldn't deserve it, with my potty mouth and all.   ;)

Ive had 3 or 4 burps that tasted very specifically of soap!  Ivory soap, I can even name the brand.

I seriously thought at first maybe it was some sort of surgical antiseptic they used, but tastes just like Ivory!  I know it's not actually soap, but my taste buds are playing tricks on me.

On Day  it was Campbell's Tomato Soup, which I haven't had for months!

Chalk it up to sleevie weirdness!   Its like having something alive in there, not like a baby, more sinister like...Gollum (my precious!)  Had to give him a name, what with all the growling and gurgling going on.  My dog gives me the funniest looks.

Feeling a bit better, I'm trying to make friends with it, but it's ornery and keeps changing its mind!

Marabell
on 4/21/12 12:11 am
VSG on 06/07/12
LMAO!!!!    

I am visualizing this little creature......with bubbles coming out....  

cracked me up!

I hope that tast passes for you quickly.....yuck!

TheBiscuit
on 4/21/12 12:21 am - TX
 I have to ask... how do you know what Ivory soap tastes like?! :P
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/21/12 12:29 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Lol

Like it smells?

rhearob
on 4/21/12 12:41 am - TN
 I'm wondering how often you taste soap that you can name the brands by taste!

Welcome and good luck!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/21/12 12:51 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
It tastes like Ivory smells!

But yeah, I've had my mouth "washed out with soap" (more like a drop on my tongue in reality) because I had a potty mouth when I was little too.

I'm not a soap water lol but this last day and 1/2 I'm expecting to burp suds!

Ulysses
on 4/21/12 3:14 am

I nicknamed my sleeve Gollum as well..."nasty, nasty Po-Tay-Toes!"
Don't know why you would be burping up specific flavors - that is a bit odd.
I had my mouth washed out with Irish Spring and Lava....So I know those flavors well (gross).

Jason

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/21/12 3:19 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
I've always planned on calling mine Sleevie Wonder (heard it from someone else but what a great name!) but I swear I've been along it Gollum all day, the way it acts.

I just told my aunt it's like it wants an wants - but you have to guess WHAT it wants. And if you're wrong it gives you a Charlie horse.

Trying Unjury chicken soup flavored protein for the first time, thought it would gross me out & bossy little Gollum didn't like warm yesterday. Now he likes it! This stuff isn't so bad and has a LOT of protein!

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/12 1:25 pm
VSG on 10/17/12
If you start burping bubbles you can rent yourself out for parties!
amzl
on 2/5/15 12:57 am
On April 21, 2012 at 7:07 AM Pacific Time, Soon_to_be_skinny_Stacie wrote:
 Not that I wouldn't deserve it, with my potty mouth and all.   ;)

Ive had 3 or 4 burps that tasted very specifically of soap!  Ivory soap, I can even name the brand.

I seriously thought at first maybe it was some sort of surgical antiseptic they used, but tastes just like Ivory!  I know it's not actually soap, but my taste buds are playing tricks on me.

On Day  it was Campbell's Tomato Soup, which I haven't had for months!

Chalk it up to sleevie weirdness!   Its like having something alive in there, not like a baby, more sinister like...Gollum (my precious!)  Had to give him a name, what with all the growling and gurgling going on.  My dog gives me the funniest looks.

Feeling a bit better, I'm trying to make friends with it, but it's ornery and keeps changing its mind!

I'm so sorry people have been so rude in response to this post. I have the same problem any time I drink coffee with milk or milk substitute in it. My doctor says it's simple chemistry. Stomach acid plus milk(or other) fats = soap so you are actually burping "soap" that your body has made in your stomach.  I find avoiding fat solid helps and using almond milk in my coffee and liquid oils in my cooking helps a lot. Good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views