i think it's finally starting to sink in

jessicae
on 4/24/12 9:09 am
 lately when i've been looking in a full length mirror, i can't help but stare at my body.  (only when clothed.  when naked i want to run screaming).  i feel like i am a "normal" size now.  i like looking at myself and seeing that i'm "smaller".  it's amazing to me.  i'm starting to get more confidence with my body size now.  my brother took a picture of me standing next to the couch today and i wasn't embarrased by it.  i think that's the first time that has happened.  i wanted to just stare.  that's me!  that (almost) regular sized person is me!  i notice now there are some good pictures of me, and some bad.  but before they were all bad, because of how much i weighed and how poorly i felt about myself.  

it's good for my brain to start changing along with my body.  i looked at my pre op measurements and what they are now.  just for fun i'm listing them below: 

neck: pre op 16.5        now:  14
waist: pre op 42          now:  35
thighs:  pre op 32        now: 25
calf:  pre op 21            now: 17
hips:  pre op 54           now: 44
chest: pre op 41          now: 34

this week is 7 months out for me and i am starting to love me!

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

bethmalone
on 4/24/12 10:09 am
 Kudos on your accomplishment!!  I'm having my vsg on June 4th.  & to be totally honest, Yes, I'm excited about my body becoming smaller, but mostly I want to fall in love with myself again.  I miss ME!   Cant wait to feel good about myself again. 
Nadurra Deb
on 4/24/12 2:45 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12

So happy for you! I am looking forward to the day when I can have a moment like this. Enjoy!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb