how in the world do you.........

AMoody
on 4/27/12 2:21 pm - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
get all your meals and drinks in when  you dont feel hungry or thirsty?? Im really struggling with this.  Im 10 weeks out and have lost 46 pounds...

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

ib40
on 4/27/12 3:54 pm
I actually had to set my alarm on my phone to remind me to eat. Otherwise, I would go too long and it would almost be time for the next meal. I also take a Rubbermaid pitcher of water to work with me and just continue to fill up my glass during the day. That way I know that I get in my 64 oz. of water during the day. Anything else I drink after work is just a bonus.

Your loss is fantastic! You are losing much more quickly that I did although we started at about the same place. Keep up the good work!

kahlana
on 4/27/12 4:18 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
my nutritionist said that my protein shakes count toward my 64oz of water. But she also upped my fluid intake and protein as well since I work out 6 days a week. so now I am struggling to get in my 3 shakes a day and hit the goals she set for me. Hang in there we will get this.

My Blog My Facebook

ruggie
on 4/28/12 3:39 am - Sacramento, CA
I struggle with this a bit, because at goal, I don't want to eat enough to maintain my weight, so it's really easy for me to lose.

I just tell myself I have to do it, like the other stuff I like to avoid by do.

I have to do my cardio.  Ugh.
I have to file my taxes.  Ugh.
I have to remember to call my mother on Mother's Day or she'll break down.  Ugh.
I have to get in my water for today.  Ugh.
I have to get in my protein for today.  Ugh.

And then I do it, and it's over for now, and I say "hell yes I hit my goal!" and count a victory.

At work, I always have my water with me.  At my desk, in my meetings, always drinking to make sure I get my liquid/protein counts in.  Flip side is I'm feeling healthy, people tell me I look younger, and I'm running up stairs effortlessly.

You'll find your 'pace' - 10 weeks out is both a long time, and not at all a long time at all.  The brain moves slower than the body.  Just hang in there! 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views