Can you please HELP!!!!

girlie155
on 5/1/12 11:58 am - MO
What are some good Hi protein puree foods?
vacationlover
on 5/1/12 12:02 pm

I pureed:
- refried beans with a little chicken stock
- tuna with a little ff mayo
- chicken with a little chicken stock
- eggs with a little ff mayo

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

Babydoll58
on 5/1/12 1:27 pm - AZ
Same here...I also have Cream of Wheat mixed with either water or skim milk, then add in some soft peaches that were canned with no sugar added.

sweet76
on 5/1/12 12:02 pm
fat free greek yogurt...18g of protein per serving.  I would mix mine with fat free lemon meringue yogurt with is anoth 4g of protein. 
VeeBee
on 5/1/12 12:11 pm - OH
VSG on 01/23/12
Wendy's chili pureed. I bought several preop, pureed them and had them in the freezer for after surgery. I didn't venture to eat any of it until about 1 week or so postop because I was afraid of the spices and/or tomatoes but it was fine. I can't remember how much of it I could eat....maybe a half a cup. A small size is 17 gm of protein and 210 calories.
LunaChic
on 5/1/12 1:49 pm - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
 OMG you almost made me hurl.  I'm nearly 3 weeks out (still on mushies) and tried Wendy's chili for the first time today.  Brought home a small and puréed it and ate almost a half cup.  Let's just say I was constipated but now I am the opposite!!!   It tasted great, but my sleeve and intestines were not happy!!!   This is the first time I got sick on something I ate since the surgery.  Trust me - that was the first time I threw Wendy's chili out in my house.  LOL

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

LunaChic
on 5/1/12 1:46 pm - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
 Cottage cheese is a great source of protein as well.  :).  I'm also on the mushies/puréed phase and found that cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, soft boiled eggs are the best for higher protein. Hummus also has some protein as well as cream of wheat.  I also whipped up a batch of split pea soup with turkey ham in it.  Puréed it up and froze some of it into portions.  It's high in fiber, low fat/cal, and has a decent amount of protein in it as well.  :)

you can also purée chili (turkey or beef) or even stews (chicken or beef) with a little extra stock to thin it out a bit. :)

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

teahleah
on 5/1/12 3:02 pm
VSG on 07/02/12

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the split pea soup w/turkey ham? Sounds yummy!

HW: 475, Consult WT: 450.5 **Lost 63 lbs pre-op** SW: 387.5 M1: -31, M2: 
Check out my blog about my journey so far:  http://breakingoutbebe.blogspot.com
LunaChic
on 5/2/12 6:29 am - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
 I used the recipe  found on the back of the bag of Goya Split Peas and used turkey ham instead of smoked ham.  I also cut the recipe in half, cause there's no way I'm going to be able to eat all of it.  Another thing I did was cutout the onions since the doc says they cause lots of gas and thats not good early out.  I then seperated it into 1-2 portions and froze some of it so i can take them for lunch to work.  :)  I sometimes add a bit of Adobo instead of salt to really bring out the flavors.  Hope you like it!

1 pkg Goya dry Green Split Peas
1 Goya Chicken Bouillon Cube
1 packet Sazon Goya without Annatto
1/4 lb. smoked ham, diced
1 Small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Medium carrot, diced
Add Salt & Pepper to Taste
6 Cups of Water

Sort and rinse peas. In a 6 to 8 quart pot, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until peas are tender. Add more ho****er if necessary. Top with croutons, chives and pieces of bacon, if desired.

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

chitownhoyos
on 5/1/12 11:30 pm - IL
I am shocked that any of your doctors didnt tell you no tomatoes and no citris. I was told I can even introduce them till about 7 weeks out. Really until my stomach is healed from the surgery. The acid is so bad for the healing process. So I am not surprised that you body didnt like it.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views