I was sleeved on Monday

Tac211
on 5/2/12 10:30 am - NJ
This is how sugery day went for me.

At he hospital at 11 sugery  was supposed to be at 1 they were a lttle backed up so did not have it until 4. I came home today and am feeling fine just a litter sore no real gas or anything very happy about that I read so many people have such bad gas so far so good.

I am getting my water at protine in just fine.

Ok so for the things that I have Questions about.

Day of sugery my weight was 264 came home to weight my self and am now 282 WTF is this normal?

I am also a little hungrey should I be?

Oh I forgot to say they kept me in the hospital a day longer because I was not tinkling ( going to the bathroom) did anybody else have this problem?

J.Lo 74
on 5/2/12 10:36 am
 The increase in weight is from all the fluids.  You'll see it come off soon.
jacreasy
on 5/2/12 10:56 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 I was sleeved last Monday... I'M not getting in all me liquids or protein but trying real hard. I had a little gas but not much Thank God! YES the weight is from the Iv Fluid they gave you in hosp, I didn't weigh myself until my 1week doc apt and they did it there. Go again next Tues. so not weighing until then.  I cant and will not stress myself out about the scale b/c I know mine is way different than the docs so whats the point. 

As for hungry I'm not so sure about that are you sure it hungry or HEAD hungry? I don't want anything and when I mean anything I mean NOTHING not even liquid but I know I have to drink so I do. I am curious to try an egg next Tues with a little cheese so we will see how that goes. Good Luck Jen

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

DawnNaples
on 5/2/12 11:35 pm
Congratulations on being sleeved.  Encouraging words of the after surgery.  My surgery date is 5/14/12 and I start my liquid diet on Monday 5/5/2012.  I am so looking forward to the surgery so I can begin this journey.  Good Luck with everything.  Dawn
lucy2e
on 5/2/12 11:12 am - Laurel, MD
 Congrats on your sleeve and welcome to the losers bench.  The weight increase is from all the fluid they pumped into you - perfectly normal, it will go down quickly.

I didn't have an issue with urination, so no help to you there!

Remember to sip, walk, rest, repeat!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Tac211
on 5/2/12 12:17 pm - NJ
 I am sipping and walking as much as I can . My right arm is very swollen from the I'V to they said this should go away soon.  Are u guys walking outside this soon or should I do my walking indoors for now .
econtiff
on 5/2/12 12:57 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 I walked outside once but it's friggin hot in Florida right now so I literally just walked around my house. Thank goodness for open floor plans right? Maybe if you feel up to it, you could go to the mall to walk. Nice A/C there. I've been wearing loose dresses and more of a tanktop with a shelf bra as a bra under my dresses b/c my top incision is irritated by a real bra. 

Oh, Saturday night I walked outside too but it was because it was Relay for Life and much cooler out. 

Good luc****ep up the good work drinking!
Krissy_67
on 5/2/12 1:24 pm
VSG on 04/17/12
My first week out I was starving the whole time. My stomach growled constantly but I stuck to the fluids and had a LOT of sugar free popsicles. The second week I didn't have all that but I was also allowed to have cream soups and mashed potatoes then too.

meddick
on 5/2/12 2:49 pm, edited 5/2/12 2:55 pm
 regarding your tmi question, I had the same problem with 'tinkling' post-op for a few days.  I had the same issue with a unrelated surgery last year.  I do not know your age or gender, but as an older male, I associated my problem with the impact of the anathesia on my (tmi warning!) prostate.

alfatboyz
on 5/2/12 11:45 pm
Good luck ... I will join you on Monday and I hope for the same results!
Most Active