Vacation

getmylifeback12
on 5/3/12 8:54 pm - NY

So I went on vacation this past week (9 days)  to  Myrtle Beach.  I was almost dreading it because in the past, vacation to me was eating, drinking, more eating, more drinking. I was so nervous thinking...how am I going to have a good time if I "can't"  eat and drink (alcohol). I told myself that I would just have what I wanted "in moderation".  To my surprise it felt soooo good to be on vacation feeling physically and mentally great , that I didnt need all that food and alcohol after all!
NO KIDDING! I surprised myself so much. I enjoyed a nice long walk every day, walking on the beach not having people look at me wondering what they were thinking. Oh, and the shopping for nice summer clothes. I wanted to eat things that made me feel good. I stuck to plan every day. Turns out I dont need food and alcohol to have a good time. I did try salad once, did not agree with me, maybe too soon (3 1/2 months). So, anyone that is going on vacation, try to stick to plan, it's not as hard as I thought it would be. Yes, there were some times that I looked at other people's plates and saw all that yummy deep fried food and wonderful dessert and thought "oh, wouldn't that be good, just a bite or two" but, at the end of the day when I didnt give in, I felt soooo much better.  The icing on my cake (no pun intended) was that I LOST 5 pounds.
Who would have thunk it!

doggz109
on 5/3/12 9:35 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I'm going on vacation in a few weeks.....and to be honest I am not dreading it at all.  I'm looking forward to some relaxation!

Food wise....I am going to enjoy some TREMENDOUS seafood.  Grilled fish, scallops, steamed crabs, etc.  All healthy, all delicious, and all sleeve friendly!
Marabell
on 5/3/12 10:51 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
nice job!!!
It is nice to hear ....I too associate vacation with food!

keep up the great work

kcquilter
on 5/3/12 11:15 pm
That is awesome, congrats on such a successful trip!  You are a good example for the rest of us.
nursemichele613
on 5/4/12 1:12 am - MI
VSG on 04/22/12
 WTG! Now that's the way to work that sleeve! Great job!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views