How Much Protein at 1 Week?

mrsnate
on 5/5/12 4:10 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
Everyday I'm beating myself up for not getting in all my protein.  I'm supposed to get 80-100 grams a day and at this full liquid stage, I'm finding it near impossible!  I've been drinking several protein shakes a day and trying to use skim milk to add more protein, but it's so hard!
~Rebecca
Mother to 4, married to a wonderful man, trying to find myself again.    
Catrina T.
on 5/5/12 4:29 pm
VSG on 05/01/12
I sooo hear you! I am a few days behind you. I am actually doing pretty good getting fluids in. But having such a hard time with the shakes and protein. I was told 80g a day. Right now I can get down 2 shakes. I need to start making them with milk as well. I am having a very hard time with the sweetness of them all of a sudden. I am not a big fan of sweet stuff anway. I am looking for other options. I have been having 2-4 cups of skim milk a day and I think that helps push me up to pretty close or right there. 27 grams each shake. 8 grams per cup of skim milk. Hmm, now that I really add that up actually I am meeting my goal. How many grams are in your shakes? I am taking in more carbs than I want with all that milk. Plus I have been having thinks like really runny/liquid cream of chicken soup. Cause it settles my tummy better than the sweet shakes. I guess I am just going to not worry overly much on the carbs at this stage. Once I can have more options I think I can get that number down.

Good luck to you! Hopefully some of the old timers with experience can help you out.
Sandy76
on 5/5/12 10:34 pm - OK
VSG on 05/29/12
Try Unjury unflavored protein powder in your mio or crystal light flavored water.
Phatchick
on 5/5/12 10:43 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
I do Premier Protein. Each shake has 11oz and has 30 g of protein.ink one for breakfast and one in the evening for a snack.  Without this,  I do not think I could do it. My pouch is so teeny that it is too hard to eat and get the number of prtein grams I need daily. I too can get in my fluids so I drink alot of mine. Good Luck, Sharon

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views