Feeding Tube Diet? Seriously?

NanaDebby65
on 5/12/12 1:19 am - North Richland Hills, TX
After watching 20/20 last night I have to say this is probably one of the worst scams I have EVER seen. WHY would you pay $1500 to have a feeding tube inserted up your nose to lose 20-30 lbs? I guess its one of those "its your body so do whatever" type things but seriously? Just when you think you have heard it all. Wonder what the next new fad diet is going to be? I'm glad I no longer fall prey to those gimmicks!!

HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
abrown8434
on 5/12/12 1:43 am - VA
. . . and yet, the same supporters of that would call bariatric surgery EXTREME! Go figure!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

NanaDebby65
on 5/12/12 1:48 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Exactly!! I would rather see those people (20-30 lbs to lose) have the sleeve surgery versus the yo-yo dieting to lose those lbs over and over again. But WE are the crazy ones! LOL!
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
Happy966
on 5/12/12 3:42 am

OMG!  I felt the same way when I read an article about a new diet drug, "proven" to help people lose 5% of their body weight.  At 270, that would have been 13.5 pounds.  A *drug* to help me lose 13.5 pounds.  But the article said the FDA approved it because people were "desperate" for options to help them lose weight. 

In many ways, this is the least desperate thing I've done.  Just a smaller tummy capacity, same digestive system, no drugs.  Argh!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Kabooboo
on 5/12/12 10:49 am
The stupidest thing about the feeding tube thing is that they do it to get into ketosis, which is easy enough to do if you eat really low carb. Duh! Why pay somebody $1500 to do that to you when you could be in ketosis in a few days on your own? And still get to eat!

abrown8434
on 5/13/12 2:49 am - VA
They are all insane! After struggling with all the diets, pills and gimmicks I made the decision that was right for me. I love my WLS and I am confident that if I had held on a little longer for the next thing or the new up and coming thing my quality of life would not be what it is. I would be in constant pain and possibly one of the youngest people to have double knee replacements.

Now, I am virtually pain free and can avoid knee replacements all together if I continue to keep my weight off, stay active and continue losing. Thank God there is no feeding tube diet for me or any other of these ridiculous gimmicks in my future!!!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views