My ever evolving journey!

Jamie_45
on 5/14/12 4:16 am - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
Well, here I am at a few days past my 4-month surgiversary and discovering this journey is ever-changing and my adjustments are sometimes daily.  Who knew...(?)  I have recently discovered my old standbys of greek yogurt and cottage cheese are now sliders  .  When I eat them now I feel full after a few ounces, but then realize I feel empty after an hour.  It's turning out to be dense protein, shrimp or fish for me at each meal.  I still can only eat 2 oz. at a time or a total of 1/2 cup per meal so I'm pleased with that.  I even went on vacation in the British Virgin Islands for a week and didn't gain any weight.  My weight loss has slowed a bit, but is constant so I have to say I am still VERY pleased with my decision to have the vsg and love the way I'm feeling.  The only negative (hehe) is that it's very costly to buy all new clothes!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/12 4:27 am
Great observation and I remember the same thing happening to me at about the same time.  Your stomach is now healed, so this makes sense.  You will need dense protein from now on for most meals.  Don't forget to eat veggies as snacks if/when you get hungry.  I had to come up with all kinds of new great tasting ways to eat veggies at about this same time (about four months). 
louisamay
on 5/14/12 4:40 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Veggies as snacks.... that may be my answer.  I have been craving them.  When I went to the supermarket I wasn't craving sugars or sweets or even fruit, but when I saw those brussels sprouts, all I could think of was roasting them with olive oil, sea salt and garlic.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/12 4:45 am
Brussels sprouts, artichokes, radish and green onion summer salad, so many great ways to not be hungry and get the veggies in.  I love my veggies, and yes, eating them as snacks is a great way to get them in when you are further out and can get all the protein in during meals. 
louisamay
on 5/14/12 4:38 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Congrats on the vacation without weight gain. That can be significant, there!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active