Watch a live broadcast of a VSG surgery

cece58
on 5/17/12 3:30 pm - CA
 On Saturday Dr. Cirangle will be broadcasting a real time VSG surgery. He will be answering questions during the 2 hr proceedure so if  you ever wanted to see what the entire surgery is like, tune in and watch. He said that the patient he is operating on has a lower BMI which will make it easier to see all the internal organs during this laparoscopic surgery. He will be answering questions via Twitter. Go to his facebook page (LAPSF) for more information. 
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

VSGHereICome
on 5/17/12 3:50 pm - NY
 i couldnt find it on facebook but can you please tell me what time and channel its going to come on, i would truly appreciate it :) 
ruggie
on 5/17/12 5:01 pm - Sacramento, CA

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

LunaChic
on 5/17/12 9:35 pm - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
I would LOVE to watch this!   I watched a few on YouTube before I had my surgery and it actually calmed a lot of my fears.  As a techie myself, I love to see modern technology at work.  :)

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

frisco
on 5/17/12 10:03 pm

He will be using some newer "Micro" tools as I remember the term (probably wrong)..... The point would be smaller incisions that are supposed to reduce scaring to maybe nothing long term.

One of the problems with SIL (single incision) is that the single incision is quite large. There are some other factors that Dr. Cirangle likes multiple entries to do "his" VSG.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

momsy55
on 5/17/12 10:19 pm - ME
Will there be a re-broadcast or some way to watch later?  I'd love to see the procedure, but my girls and I have dance recital this weekend and I won't have time, with hair appts., getting the house ready for out of town guests, etc.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

frisco
on 5/17/12 11:02 pm

Yes.....but we don't know the details yet.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

momsy55
on 5/17/12 11:32 pm - ME
Thanks Frisco!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

cece58
on 5/17/12 11:54 pm - CA
It will eventually be on YouTube as well but maybe not the entire surgery. Thanks Frisco for adding more details. I think this is going to be really interesting and educational
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

iAndy4G
on 5/18/12 12:47 am
VSG on 03/01/12 with
I don't know about ya'll but if he "tweets" in the middle of surgery I'd be a little turned off by this doctor and it sure as #$##@ wouldn't be me he's operating on!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views