Carbs vs Fat

blessed1234
on 5/17/12 9:14 am
VSG on 05/04/12
Ok i was sleeved 5/3. I am unsure of food to buy. Do i worry more about the carbs or the FAT? I went to buy pudding the "sugar free" has 10g carbs, 0 sugar and 3g fat. The fat free pudding has 0 fat & 20g carbs & 13g sugar. When i read the labels am i just concerned with the carb content? Does fat matter also? Thanks for the help. Also further down the road is bread ok & if so what kind?
Blessed     
rhearob
on 5/17/12 9:54 am, edited 5/17/12 9:54 am - TN
What about calories?  Those pudding cups can have anywhere from 60 to 110 calories if I recall.  For 110 calories you could be having fat free greek yogurt with sugar free chocolate syrup and get actual nutrition for your calories.  For 110 calories you could have almost a cup of yogurt, chocolate  flavor, and about 20g of protein.

You don't mention what your calorie limit on your program is, but if its the average 600 calorie plan that could be anywhere from 10% to 1/6th of your plan on a slider food snack.

Have you considered just plain sugar free jello - only 10 calories.

Seriously though, eating any calories you should be prioritizing protein over anything else.  If you focus on dense protein sources you won;t have alot of room left for either carbs or fat.

Onmy program bread or any starchy food like pasta, rice, etc.  Is out until 75% weight loss.  I am foregoing until maintenance.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Pkrplyr777
on 5/17/12 10:14 am - CT
It feels like rocket science in the beginning but here's the basic.

No or low carbs
the most protein you can get from the least amount of calories.

good luck,
congrats on the sleeve.
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
doggz109
on 5/17/12 10:46 am, edited 5/17/12 10:47 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I only worry about two things usually:

1.  How much protein "bang" for my buck am I getting?

2.  How much sugar/carbs are in what I am eating?

I pay attention to calories also.....but if I follow the two pieces of advice above.....calories don't normally become an issue.

I wouldn't touch either of those puddings unless I added protein powder to them.  The one with 10g carbs and no sugar would be the "healthier" of the two....but I honestly again wouldn't eat either one.

You only have so much room.....why waste a meal and space on something with no health benefits to it?

Finally....about fat.....you eat so little....it doesn't matter.  Your body needs fat.....saturated fat particularly.  Unless you are sucking down liquified lard by the bucket......its hardly a concern for a sleever.  We can't eat more than 2-3 oz of meat....I mean come on.  I cook many things in coconut oil.....yum.
Mom78
on 5/17/12 12:09 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
So your less than two weeks out right?  My main concern at that age was protein, not carbs or fat!  You can wait a bit to worry about either. (If your following protein)  Water, Water, Water!

Are you on a full liquid diet?  I would get the sugar free pudding and add a scoop of your protein to a 1/2 cup of it.  This will take you a bit of time to eat.

My plan at your stage would be eating things like:

Strained cream soup, so cream of potato, cream of mushroom, made with milk instead of water.  You can add unflavored protein powder to it.

Greek yogurt
Carnation instant bfast, made with milk and add a scoop of protein.

If your on mushies you can try:
Cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, beans, tuna, canned chicken.

Bread is a no no for me as I used to love it! 

SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

Most Active