Checking in

Kevin H.
on 5/21/12 1:29 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Hello everyone,

I have not been on here for a bit and wanted to check in.  While I was off work recovering I was posting on here quite a lot.  As you probably have guessed, I'm back to work and my time is much more limited now.  I am trying to adjust to things now that I'm back to work.  It was much easier to keep track of food and eat every 4 hours when I was home and could plan it all out.  I carry a cooler with me on the medic unit but sometimes we are just too busy for me to eat.  We don't get a lunch break in the Fire Dept so I'm trying to do the best I can.  

It was so nice being off work learning how to change my lifestyle to work with my sleeve.  One of the best parts was having a sleep schedule, something that I have not had for almost 19 years now.  My job is 2 days, 2 nights and 4 days off.  So I have no regular sleep pattern and it sucks.  Doing both days and nights each week I just cant get on any sleep pattern and its getting harder to deal with the older I get.  When I was younger it was no big deal to be up all night.  

My weight loss seems to have really slowed down recently and I'm not sure why.  Not eating any more then before, drinking plenty of water and protein has been good as well.  I guess it might have to do with going back to work, no clue.

I'll keep pressing on though.  Take care everyone!  I hope you are all doing great!  

moonglo82
on 5/21/12 1:42 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Khess!

Glad to hear from you, friend!

It's funny... my three week stall happened at about two weeks out, but it happened at exactly the time that I sent back to work. The more I think about it, the more I think the lack of sleep I was getting when I first went back to work had something to do with it, because I actually got off of my sleep schedule when I came home from the hospital (seeing as how the hospital was in a different time zone and all), so it has taken some adjusting to get back to my normal sleep patterns. Even now, I need to be in bed... oops!

Alternately, you may just be going through a slow spot... who knows? Our bodies are so funny like that.

Anyways, so glad to see you here! Take care!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Shagdoll
on 5/21/12 1:54 pm
Great to see you checking in Kevin. You are still doing great with your weight loss. Keep up the great work!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Feystorm
on 5/21/12 2:29 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 I was wondering where you went!  I can only imagine how challenging it can be to adjust back to work life.  I am sure that you can get it!!  You are always doing great and are an inspiration.  Take care of you while you adjust.

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

EliseG
on 5/21/12 3:25 pm - MA
You have been super successful so far, wanted to say congrats on that! Ugh, I am dreading going back to work. It seems like you have a very physical job, how long did you take off of work?

Marabell
on 5/21/12 3:26 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
hey! glad to hear from you...was missing you. Its so hard to concentrate on yourself when you are working....especially the field you're in....stay tough!

fireman441
on 5/21/12 8:59 pm - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
 hey guy happy to see you on the site ,i lay low myself read the posts every day ..yes its not easy to sleep at work always waiting for the bell to go off and you have to eat fast  things we can not do .
when i was on the job  we work 3days on 8am-6pm   3 off   3 nights 6pm -8am    3 off much better to sleep ..you take care .im doing super 8 weeks out down apx 60 lbs 27 lbs to go to be under 200 ..

bruce

Kevin H.
on 5/21/12 9:35 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Congrats!  Glad to hear you are doing so well!

If I could actually get some sleep at work it might not be so bad but the medic units run all night long usually in Baltimore City.  Not much down time.  

SuzanneR
on 5/21/12 9:53 pm - Randolph, NJ
 you are really doing fabulous! perhaps your body is just adjusting to changes....keep doing what you've been doing and your weight will fall off! unfortunately none of us losecontinually like we did in the first 2-3 months but we still lose!

Wildcat-NYC
on 5/21/12 10:42 pm, edited 5/21/12 10:43 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Good to see a post from you!  I bet your body is just adjusting to being back at work.  You've done such a great job and are an inspiration for many of us.  Keep up the great work!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views