Read Binder Weekly!

pcannedy
on 5/27/12 5:39 am - Sacramento, CA
 I pulled out my Kaiser Dietician binder this morning to give information to someone on line.  I realized that I have been really messing up!  Wow, when we think we are doing ok; the binder tells the story.

louisamay
on 5/27/12 5:51 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I figured that out, too, and I'm only a month postop! Rereading is an excellent idea.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

pcannedy
on 5/27/12 6:17 am - Sacramento, CA
 Thanks for your reply,  How are you doing in the process?  Are you eating mushy foods?  

louisamay
on 5/27/12 6:21 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I have an insane (I say that with love) surgeon who told me at my first postop appt about 11 days out that I could eat solids.  I was stunned, but guess what.  It worked.  So I'm eating just about anything I want.  I've had steak, smoked brisket and shrimp (probably the densest proteins) with no probs.  I am going to ask him more questions next time I see him. Like, does he turn everybody loose so soon (which I admit sounds crazy) or was it me in particular, or...?

Anyway, I'm doing great.  Have lost 32 pounds (including preop diet) as of today!

pcannedy
on 5/27/12 1:02 pm - Sacramento, CA
 Wow, that is crazy good for you.  At two weeks, I could have eggs, deli meats.  I was worried my stitches were not healed yet.  I think it was week 12 before I could have regular meats.  My favorite meal was the shrimp and well cooked veggies or cheese omlete.  

amandataylor0819
on 5/27/12 6:57 am
 louisamay, I too was told to "proceed with caution" about a week post op....now I was too chicken to do so till almost 3 weeks post op...and have been just fine....I apparently am a super fast healer as evidenced from the only 2 surgical procedures I've had which is the only logic I can apply to it...but from reading on several different sites, a lot of the doctors overseas also turn their patients lose after only a few days post op...it still baffles me how every surgeon is so completely different...

pcannedy
on 5/27/12 1:08 pm - Sacramento, CA
 Yes, each surgeon is different.  

louisamay
on 5/27/12 1:09 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
I just checked back and it was at about two weeks that I bit the bullet and tried ground beef with cheese for lunch (I guess that was Mother's Day and we had grilled burgers as a family that day) and I had broiled chicken for dinner.  No probs that day.  Before that, I'd had fish and canned salmon, which I guess might both be considered soft foods?  Looking at my logs, it's not like I ate dense protein daily, but I have eaten a lot of things that others wouldn't be eating at my stage.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views