Nervous to move to Stage 3

Ashley G.
on 6/1/12 10:19 pm - SC
Monday is my 3 week anniversary since my surgery, and I will be cleared to move on to Stage 3.  This means I will be able to add cheese, LF cottage cheese, eggs, LF refried beans, and a couple other new foods to my diet.  After the "grits incident" the other night I am very nervous to move on to new foods.  Does anybody have any advice for me?

Sandy76
on 6/1/12 10:24 pm - OK
VSG on 05/29/12
 Just try one new item a time try 1/2-1 tsp wait 15 then try a little more or 1/2 -1 tsp of something else work it in baby your sleeve till u know how it's going to react remember fluids after last bite is at least 1 hour. No fluids before mushies or solids 45-60 minutes
Sandy

dec721
on 6/1/12 11:07 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Teeny tiny little well-chewed bites ... and I DO mean tiny!  I'd start with the cottage cheese and perhaps scrambled eggs, and don't try to eat more that about a tablespoon over the course of about half an hour.  Cheese being high fat might be something to try after you see how the cottage cheese, eggs, and other milder things sit.  Best wishes!
--Dorothy 

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Stayce
on 6/1/12 11:12 pm
VSG on 03/28/12
 I could not handle eggs, I still can't unless they are boiled. The first thing that I ate When I was in this stage was a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Its bery soft and my mouth thanked me after I ate, it tasted so good and it was so nice to eat something different.

My advice would be to take it slow and eat small bites, and chew everything really well. Introduce new food one at a time. Try eggfaces ricotta bake, it's awesome!

Life is not an emergency, live one day at a time.        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views