21 Days to a NEW ME! (Exercise Program)

seekingslimness
on 6/4/12 9:52 am, edited 6/4/12 12:52 pm
VSG on 02/24/12
      This is inspired by something I got in the mail from work, it was called "live well"  it talks about making healthy changes to your life to get a little money off insurance premiums.  It was saying that if you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit and if you do and document your healthy habit for that amount time them you will get money off for insurance. 
     Well, it was too late to do the program, I was late getting into my mail, but inspiration struck.  I have been going to the gym once or twice a week to workout with a trainer but I want to do more and be more consistent.  So I thought, if I, no excuses, made the conscious effort to do some physical exercise every single day for 21 days maybe I could make it more of a healthy habit.  21 days provides a goal and a time frame, something I can measure and count down, which makes it easier for me to complete.  Thus, my 21 days to a new me was born.
      For the next 21 days I will post on this thread each day what I did, what day I am on and how I am feeling.  I feel like this will help to keep me accountable as well as make me feel accomplished.  I CAN do this!!!
      First, a breakdown of my time frame as well as what I will be considering physical exercise.  I am on nights for the next few weeks so my 'days' may seem to be off a little bit, I work swing shift.  I will consider a day the waking period between sleep periods as the timing isn't cut and dry, although I will try to something every 24-30 hours at least.  Next, I will count my physical exercise as 1 of 3 things for now. 
1) gym with trainer  
2) gym on my own  
3) Julian Michaels 30 day shred video 
( I will not count other forms of exercise for the purpose of this endeavor.)
      Now that I have this all in place, I will post about my DAY 1.  Please feel free to check in on this thread to read my progress.  Once I have completed my program I will do and overall assessment of my new habit.  Thanks for reading, and I encourage each of you to start a 21 day healthy ha*****allenge as well, it could be exercise, water intake, protein intake, better food choices or even brushing your teeth or washing your hands.  Let's see what a difference 21days makes!

DAY 1
      Today as I begin this journey I am excited, elated, motivated and encouraged I can't wait to see what a difference this will make in my overall physical fitness and my desire to become more consistent with it. 
      I worked out with my trainer for an hour at the gym, we did several different things, he was trying very hard to kick my butt seeing as I missed a session from last week (part of my inspiration for the 21 day thing) and I feel he succeeded.  I did get dizzy and nauseous at one point which was rectified when he brought me glucose tablets.  I did eat before hand a strawberry greek yogurt, but maybe that wasn't enough.  I will try something different next time. I also did about 10-15 minutes of cardio on the elliptical before hand to warm up. I want to try to do more but it's not always so easy.  I will say the elliptical makes my knees feel better than any other cardio machine out there.
   NIKKI

louisamay
on 6/4/12 10:04 am
VSG on 04/27/12
You go, girl!  This is a great idea!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

seekingslimness
on 6/5/12 11:54 am
VSG on 02/24/12
DAY 2
      Today was day 2.  When I woke up at 7pm I got got on OH, I wake up slowly so I often just roll over and check my laptop upon waking.  I saw all the before and after with pics posts and I was frustrated.  After 64 pounds I don't see that much of a difference yet.  Other people say they see it but I don't.  Maybe that's because I see myself everyday I don't know.  I was sad because even though I feel better and my close fit differently or not at all, I don't SEE it.
      So after pouting while I ate my greek yogurt breakfast I remembered my commitment to myself.  I got up and did my Jillian Michaels video.  I did feel physically worn out and I sweat and was breathing heavy, but I got through it.  Although, I still feel physically tired, I am proud of myself.  Day 2 down.  Maybe I will do it again later, maybe not.  At least I did my something for today and I know, someday I will see myself as I see other people in their pictures.  I am no longer frustrated but motivated.
   NIKKI

moonglo82
on 6/5/12 12:00 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
This is awesome!  You're doing so great :)  Keep it up!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

seekingslimness
on 6/6/12 2:20 pm
VSG on 02/24/12
DAY 3
     I did the Jillian Michaels work out.  It was great, especially with the new work out clothes I bought today!  I already felt like I didn't want to do it but then I thought it's day 3 and I am not giving up I am gonna do this! So, I did!

NIKKI

seekingslimness
on 6/8/12 11:10 pm
VSG on 02/24/12

DAY 4
  Well I messed up, I didn't plan well I was unable to get a workout in.  My fault for not planning ahead.

DAY 5
      I busted my butt at the gym with my trainer and I only got four hours of sleep before hand but I was able to get up and do what I needed to do, then I went to work and I am now going to bed.  Planning on seeing Jillian when I get up.

NIKKI

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views