I still have trapped air!

Ashley G.
on 6/4/12 9:00 pm - SC
I still have trapped air in my left shoulder, and the pain is so bad that it is keeping me up at night.  Is there anything I can to get rid of it?  I also must have a loose stich in that side as well, because any time I take a deep breath, I get a shooting pain in my side. 

I am three weeks post-op and I thought all of the air would be gone by now.  This is getting ridiculous!  I would pretty much be pain free if it weren't for that.

Someone please, please, please help me!

rhearob
on 6/4/12 9:34 pm - TN
Exercise is pretty much the only thing that will work that out.  Walking at this stage is what's recommended, but moving in general is the best way to get that to work its way out of your system.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

justeric78
on 6/4/12 9:51 pm - Houston, TX
It may not be air. I had the same problem and it turned out it was a nerve in the stomach that was damaged during surgery. Just ride it out. Took me some weeks but it began to come and go then a few weeks later subsided completely. It came back off and on if I ate a bite or two more then I needed. After about 4 or so months I dont recall feeling it again. It does get better, hang in there.

elizasgone
on 6/4/12 11:03 pm - St Cloud, FL
VSG on 06/28/12
The pain could also be costocondtiris....it just means that there is an inflammation where the catlidge and ribs meet. I had it after my C-Cection many years ago. It is VERY painful but usually only with a deep breath. It eventually goes away. As for the air......walk, walk, walk. Then walk a little more. Sorry.  Good luck!
bluemems
on 6/5/12 12:42 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
My "trapped air" lasted longer than others too but I know it was my fault.  I was not using the breathing thing they sent home with me, and was not walking around as much as I should have.  Not saying this is your issues, but just in case - I started using the breathing thing more and moving more and it went away a few days later.  Good luck, hope you figure it out soon.

vogue
on 6/5/12 2:17 am
VSG on 08/30/12
massages & heating pad works wonders.....
ND2BTHN
on 6/5/12 12:27 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Definitely use the breathing thing, and for me lying on that side helped too. Putting pressure there, was sorta the same affect as patting a baby's back for a burp. My heating pad also worked wonders. Hang in there. It will go away eventually. 

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 182 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views