6 month Surgiversary Week

Erica A.
on 6/19/12 9:16 am - KY
 So my 6 month surgiversary was this week and I am so excited to say that I am down to 245 from 389!!
NSVs that have happened to me since surgery:

Can cross my legs
Walk and not feel like I am dying
Off all my meds
Sit on one couch cushion
Found my hip bones
Collar bones are visible
My husband can get his arms around me

What I am currently doing:
Gave up on the whole stalking everything I eat and freaking out over everything I put near my mouth
I have not hit any stalls since not worrying about food and fluids. (Yes I realize some of you might have just had a wee stroke reading that, but this is what is working for me and I am not looking to get everyones approval in my life anymore sorry...)
I eat what I want when I want and that is approximately three to four times a day and usually about an ounce to 2 ounces at a time
Fluid intake is pretty good and has actually gotten better since I quit obsessing about it
I AM PLAYING DISC GOLF and LOVE IT (except for those damn trees that seem to love to be hit by my discs:()
All my blood levels are normal and in my whole life that has never happened before

I have lost over 70 inches too!

Goal 60% by 6 mths (143lbs) reached at 5.5mths

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sleeva
on 6/19/12 9:26 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
WOW CONGRATULATIONS! YOU LOOK GREAT.. I HOPE TO DO AS WELL AS YOU HAVE
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

Charity Maughmer
on 6/19/12 9:29 am - Memphis, TN
Wow, your doing GREAT!  I had surgery almost six months ago and I only lost 70.8 lbs!  So you go girl!  You look great!  It's so nice to be able to do things your were not able to do before surgery!   I'm able to hold about a half  cup of food.   Keep up the good work! 
Bambi901        
VeeBee
on 6/19/12 10:11 am - OH
VSG on 01/23/12

Wow! You have done absolutely fabulous.  I have posted before too about obessing over food in a different way now that I have had WLS and I also found that when I relaxed about it a bit, the weight came off easier although protein is always the mainstay of my food intake - I just don't count it obsessively any more, nor do I count carbs or calories excessively.   I'm not eating doughnuts or pies or cookies and I have a general idea of my daily intake. Thanks for having the nerve to say it as it certainly goes go against the grain of this forum.  I read a post earlier where someone said that some of us are essentially posting  in "defiance" when we go against the norm, but I don't think that is it at all.  We are all different and different strokes for different folks. You go girl.

Nadurra Deb
on 6/19/12 10:18 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Awesome! Great NSVs...especially being off ALL of your meds. That means you are so much healthier. Very exciting! I can't wait to be where you are. Keep doing what your doing...it's working!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Shagdoll
on 6/19/12 2:42 pm
Omg! Yes!!!! Those are all awesome NSV's!!!! Congrats on your success!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Pkrplyr777
on 6/19/12 7:13 pm - CT
Congrats to you!

Don't you just love the feeling?
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
howarli
on 6/20/12 12:01 am - MD
You look great!  KEEP ON DOING YOU!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 182 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views