Man this is tough

cassi777
on 7/9/12 9:35 am
VSG on 07/03/12
 So it has been 1 week since I have had solid foods. I keep seeing commercials for fast food and other places and would kill for something solid!! How am I ever going to make it from phase two to phase four without killing someone? I hate temptation and each day is harder. Didn't ever realize how much I loved food until I started this process. Must get through this!
HW: 179 Pre-Op: 162
Goal: 115lbs  

gabriellaz
on 7/9/12 9:40 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Just think that this is only temporary. If you can try to dvr your shows or movies to avoid commercials or just turn away. I thought I would be going crazy too, but seeing the numbers on the scale go lower and lower actually excite me even more than food does Wishing you the best. You can do this!

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 9:44 am
Hang in there, this is by far the hardest part, it gets much easier later.  You can do this.
kimbethin
on 7/9/12 9:48 am - CA

At the end of the first week I got hit bad with head hunger and commercials made it worse.  Get up and go for a walk or read or hust sit on the vsg board and read stuff or look at before and after pics until the urge passes.  Oh yeah, did i mention i got really emotional, kind of Sad on day 6-8, kind of like PMS.  It really doeas get better,  Elina's right you really can do this!

putting one foot in front of the other...        
lucy2e
on 7/9/12 9:56 am - Laurel, MD
I can laugh about it now, but at the time it wasn't funny - day 3 of my pre-op liquid diet at work my best buddy got a burger and fries for lunch, then I come home and my daughters boy friend came in with 5 guys burgers, then a Wendy's commercial came on.  I went out in the car and just drove and cried.  It was my lowest moment of the whole process.

It does get better.  I know how you feel - and it will pass sooner than you think! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

cassi777
on 7/9/12 10:09 am
VSG on 07/03/12
 Thanks guys. Today was my first day alone too since surgery. It's been a struggle, but I will say I've had more liquid today than any other day. Get hungry, I drink! Haha

Jamie M.
on 7/9/12 10:20 am
I'm completely with you on this. I'm 11 days out and soooo tired of sweet and so tired of drinking. Food is everywhere. I never thought I'd be so unreasonably excited to graduate to cottage cheese and scrambled eggs. I haven't cheated a bit but man am I cranky lol. 
cassi777
on 7/9/12 10:23 am
VSG on 07/03/12
 I was just day dreaming of those two things earlier today!!! No cheating but it's so hard!! Haha

Kelly-AnneH
on 7/9/12 12:28 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I'm also on full fluids, and am finding it helps to be a bit creative with what I'm allowed. Yes, I could drink shakes, but pretty much all of them taste vile to me now and I refuse to buy more.

So you ask what I'm having instead? Well, for lunch today I had butter chicken without the chicken - 1/2 c Greek yogurt, 1 tsp chicken Better Than Bouillon and 1 tsp Patak's Butter Chicken paste. Sounds odd, but it was yummy. It'll be even better when I'm allowed chicken.

Supper tonight doesn't have a name yet, but it's just as good - 1/2 c Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp Nippy cheese spread (melted in the microwave) and 1/2 tsp taco seasoning.

Jello made with double milk (skim milk made with twice the normal amount of milk powder) as the "cold water" is one of my other easy, non-shake proteins. Easy, tasty and NOT a shake. 50 calories and 5.5g of protein in 1/2 cup.

The ONLY whey powder I can stand besides unflavoured is a vanilla one I had in the back of the cupboard that doesn't contain Splenda. I mix that with a packet of instant oatmeal cooked in 1 cup water, add 1/4 c milk and blend it untill it's thin and super runny. It tastes great, but it's pretty much breakfast AND morning snack because it takes me so long to drink. Tomorrow I'm going to make it again, but divide it in half to be 2 breakfasts.

To avoid food commercials - well, I basically don'****ch a whole lot of tv other than the news. If I want to watch something and knit I turn on Netflix. Otherwise I read, mess on the Internet, invent ways to get my protein without shakes and putter around the house.

Mushies are in only 8 days and I have all sorts of ideas.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

louisamay
on 7/9/12 10:55 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I was told I could have any broth or liquid from soup that wasn't tomato based.  It could be milk or meat broth based.  I LOVED eating the broth off of Progresso Clam Chowder and their Minestrone..

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views