PLATEAU!!!!!

Amber74
on 7/15/12 12:02 pm - CA
 Hey Y'all...I need some advice!! I am 10 months post surgery and down 100 lbs.   This varies depending on the day...Sometimes it's 102, sometimes it's 98!  It's very frustrating!! I hit my 100 lb. weight loss at 8 months, which I know is AMAZING, but I haven't been able to break this plateau I seem to be on.....I run, I work out and don't over eat, I don't know what else to do!!  Is it even possible to gain weight at this stage??  I'm also curious how much people at this stage can eat...I seem to be able to manage 4 oz. depending on the heaviness of the food.....Thanks for reading!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

frisco
on 7/15/12 12:14 pm

Need more info on your daily consumption......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Amber74
on 7/15/12 12:19 pm - CA
 Well, I generally have coffee in the Am with my protein powder in it....I snack on Almonds, I'll have cheese with some crackers...never over 200 calories....I've found some good snacking ideas on Dr. Oz's website...Dinner is usually fish or chicken with either black beans or 1/4 cup of rice occasionally...I don't really have a specific menu...I try not to "Graze" and I'm exercising every day....I take a weight class at the gym 3 days a week and I jog 4-6 miles on the off days....This is why I'm at a loss...it's not like i'm sedentary.
frisco
on 7/15/12 12:24 pm

Daily totals ?

- Calories?

- Protein?

- Carbs?

- Fluids?

frisco

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Amber74
on 7/15/12 12:34 pm - CA
 Oh Frisco, I have no idea!  LOL...Maybe this is where my problem lies...I know I'm good with the protein, that's first and foremost on my mind at all times...I have a hard time with fluids and I'm trying to be better about drinking water! I'm going to have to keep a journal I guess...I really didn't think I would have to seeing as I'm not really doing anything differently than I did 5 months ago when the weight was falling off....not to mention I exercise like a mad woman...

frisco
on 7/15/12 12:56 pm

Ahhhh.......

Welcome to reality !!!!! (not meant in a bad way)

Just about everyone who is successful at this has to keep some sort of accounting on daily consumption.....

My guess is that you have found your maintenance values...... your balance point.......

Nothing to be confused about...... Your eating to much to lose weight..... your in and out is close to equal.......

My guess is that your in the 1000-1400 calorie range.

You can do this... you lost 100lbs. !!!!

Just do a organized re-start with a set plan that works and you can do this.......

frisco

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Amber74
on 7/16/12 4:07 am - CA
 Thank you Frisco...I started an App on my phone today that I can track everything from intake to exercise on...I do think I was taking in waaaay more than I was aware or willing to admit. I need to get back on track, back to where I was a few months ago.  I wouldn't have had a cracker or a bite of a donut, whereas I have lately....No more!!  I haven't come this far to fall back into old habits!  thanks for the reality check and the honest reply! 

1london
on 7/15/12 12:16 pm
First congrats on you weight loss!!  Plateaus happen and I am also in one too.
But in my case I have been traveling on and off for over a month and a half and not sticking to my normal plan.....drinking my normal fluid intake, carbs have been over 40 and my protein has not been where it should be.  So I know that I need to really step it up and eat clean.
I work out pretty rigorously, but if  I want to continue to lose I have to stick to a pretty strict plan and eat healthy and lean...which makes me feel far better than when I do eat the extra carbs and not so healthy food.
Hang in there, the scale will turn in your direction soon! Stay on plan and keep up the good work! :)

Amber74
on 7/15/12 12:22 pm - CA
 Thanks London...Your weiht loss is AMAZING!!  Congrats! I do feel like I am able to eat more, which ****** me off...LOL...I liked it when I'd be full at only 3 oz.   I'm thinking I might have to begin tracking what I eat, calories and all...This is something I didn't think I'd ever have to do..UGH!!

frisco
on 7/15/12 3:56 pm
On July 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM Pacific Time, Amber74 wrote:
 Thanks London...Your weiht loss is AMAZING!!  Congrats! I do feel like I am able to eat more, which ****** me off...LOL...I liked it when I'd be full at only 3 oz.   I'm thinking I might have to begin tracking what I eat, calories and all...This is something I didn't think I'd ever have to do..UGH!!

Here is a tip......

Always eat fixed/measured amounts of food that is under your sleeve capacity.......

Eating till full is how we got fat......

Go back to 3oz. of food.... I think you will find satisfaction......

Under eating has many advantages...... reduce feeling bad/foamies and such...... and assures you don't stretch your sleeve by constant over eating.

frisco

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active