My Sneaky Little 2.75 Year Old Sleeve

diane S.
on 7/21/12 11:22 am
Those of you in the early or middle phases of weight loss know that your sleeve can play tricks on you and seem to change size. One day you can eat a whole egg with no problem and the next day you spit up after half of it. Been there, done that. My husband is an 8 month sleever and is still puzzled by this.

But whats news to me is this can still happen even after over a year of maintaining at goal weight. At a little over two years my capacity to eat seemed to increase quite a bit and I thought, "oh boy, the honeymoon is over, its going to be like any other diet for the rest of my life". But that proved not to be true. While there are days that I am hungrier and/or able to eat more - especially bulky things like raw fruits and veggies - there are also days when sleeve says STOP before I have finished my meal.  Happened today with a 3 oz serving of canned tuna.

All this pleases me to no end. I love when I am aware of my restriction because I know it will help me keep this weight (the lowest of my adult life) for a long time. I really really love being slim (bmi 20.8) and want to keep things this way. Is so good to know my sleeve is doing its job.

Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Marabell
on 7/21/12 11:35 am
VSG on 06/07/12
Nice!
Thanks for sharing. I am very early out (6weeks) and feel this way already. I can eat a 1/2cup of ground turkey one day and barely a 1/4 cup the next day. Protein shakes make me feel stuffed!

mythreechildren2001
on 7/21/12 11:38 am
That is good to know!  I'm only a year out, and I notice this.  Today was a good example.  It's good to know that it can still happen further on out.  :)

50 y/o female 5'6" HW 283 current 160 goal 150

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/12 11:44 am
What a great post Diane, and I agree with you, my sleeve is sneaky too.  I especially noticed this when I ate soup for a few days in a row.  When I ate regular food again, I found my sleeve had shrunk right back to being the tiny size of just a few months out.  I even got the foamies by accident.  It shocked me as I hag not had foamies for over 2.5 years.  I love my sneaky sleeve, I hope it stays tiny and tight for the rest of my life.
diane S.
on 7/21/12 11:51 am
I knew you would love this Elina. At a little after two years  I really thought I could suddenly eat so much more. But that turned out to be just one of the tricks of my sleeve. Our surgeon really knows how to build them.

I too have had a bit of the foamies a time or two after more than two years. And while I feel like an idiot when that happens , I am secretly glad that sleeve is still snug enough to trigger that reaction if I slack off. The enforcer is still on patrol. Love the enforcer.     Hubby is doing well too with his slightly modified enforcer. Losing like mad and much more energetic.     Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

slimpickins5280
on 7/21/12 12:28 pm - CO
I'm 9 months out and it is interesting to analyze my eating. Last week we went to my favorite burger place and I ordered my 3 oz burger (3 oz before cooking about 2.5 after). Took off the bread and gave it to my carbivore daughter and ate the entire hamburger patty for the first time since surgery. I was comfortable - not too full. I even added a few shelled peanuts at the end of the meal.

Needless to say I was surprised.

My daughter and I went again today and I was uncomfortably full at 3/4 of the patty.

I am glad to know this still happens 2+ years out.

It also helps me to not get complacent. My mind has to stay in it, or I might go past full (which I am still trying to learn to not to.)

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

judyk62
on 7/21/12 12:47 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
 Thank you for this post. I really appreciate hearing from each of you. I feel much of what you are talking about now - not at goal yet, and not quite 8 months out. But I think we have to remember always that we cannot be complacent; this will be a life long process. No quick fix - and changes from day to day. 

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Lee ~
on 7/21/12 12:56 pm - CA
 Love this post Diane.  I find my Sleevie starts to shrink a bit when I really get and keep the carbs way down.  More than that, my appetite shrinks as well.  This journey is incredibly exploratory.  I never know what I'll find the next day.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

SuzanneR
on 7/21/12 1:08 pm - Randolph, NJ
 Same thing here though I'm only nearly 7 months out. One day hungrier and can eat more the next could care less about food and I nibble and feel stuffed. Love it.

cthompson580
on 7/21/12 3:19 pm
VSG on 06/14/12
I'm a little over a month from surgery and I am amazed at how little I can eat. Just a few bites and I feel like I've had 2 huge plates of food. I'm not complaining though! It definately keeps me from eating more just bc it tastes good. That was a big problem for me before surgery.

Leaky Sleeve Survivor!! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views