I can't eat sugar.

June W.
on 7/22/12 11:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
 Every time I do it, I feel sick to my stomach. Why do I do it? Because I am metally defective when it comes to making good food choices for myself!

But this feels so awful that I am going to really focus on avoiding sugar from now on. I hate feeling sick. I'm weak and feel pukey (TMI). I don't want to go through this again. 

Cindy22706
on 7/22/12 11:49 pm - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Yeah I wish I had that problem also, I am able to eat alot of sugar and feel fine. I would definatly use it to your advantage as well!!! Sorry you feel sick when it happens though :(

jenngirl
on 7/23/12 12:14 am
VSG on 06/25/12
So, is this something that happens for some and not for others?  I thought we had to avoid sugars indefinitely. There are things I really want to have a little taste of, but I am deathly afraid of the pain or sickess. I saw a post one day where someone just took a swipe of birthday cake icing at a birhtday party and became sick.
bigpinkstork
on 7/23/12 12:50 am - NC

Sugar doesn't bother me.  I avoid it because of the empty calories, but if it's someone's birthday, I'll take a bite of cake.

Spices bother me, and they never did before.  Each tummy is its own little ecosystem, I guess.

Daisy_Rose
on 7/23/12 12:55 am
 I can take SMALL doses of sugar, but if I exceed more than a bite or two, yep TMI......

ick!!!

Shagdoll
on 7/23/12 12:58 am
I hear you about sugar. I might be able to get away with a bite or two but anything more than that right now & I feel icky for 2-3 hours... not fun. I have no issues with greasy fatty foods though ... darn!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

emelar
on 7/23/12 1:41 am - TX
The thought of sugar for about the first year made me nauseous.  Now, as long as I keep the portions small, I'm fine with it.  Things will change, so use this time to train yourself to stay away from sugar - at least until you're in a position to control it!
Jewelz13
on 7/23/12 2:01 am - TX
SOUNDS LIKE DUMPING SYNDROME...ASK YOUR DOCTOR!

goingforit1
on 7/23/12 3:05 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
unfortunately sugar doesn't bother me AT ALL. lol Now I have to use willpower when around it. lol

One thing I have noticed is that the slightest spicy food has my mouth on FIRE and my eyes watering. I bought some BBQ pork from Costco and fed it to even my little children (youngest 2 yrs old) and he didn't think it was spicy, my older child said it was totally tame, no kick to it at all...yet I was on fire! WTH? Same with "mild" salsas...I've turned into a spicy food WIMP!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views