Blessed, despite my doubts

AdeanaMarie
on 7/30/12 10:55 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
 So I weighed in yesterday.  On August 8th, I will be 5 months post op.  Yesterday I hit over 82 pounds lost.  I couldn't believe it.  My original 6 month goal was to drop 100 pounds, but I may not make that.  However, I am thrilled that these past two weeks of struggle still saw a 5 pound loss.  I had so much doubt the last couple of weeks regarding my plan and if I was doing things correctly.  Just really had a battle in my mind and with my emotions and spiritually this past week or so.  I feel so blessed to know that it is still working and that I can push forward and know I am following plan, because I am, and be assured that even if I hadn't lost weight, sticking to the plan does work.  We may have stalls or doubts, but if we are on plan, we cannot fail.  Just needed that reassurance.  Keep up the good work everyone and know that this does work if we are honest with ourselves and stay within our boundaries and listen to our sleeve.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

AdeanaMarie
on 7/30/12 11:38 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
 Thanks!  I have so many other blessings to count as well, but that was my big one for today and yesterday.  Plus, the victory knowing the plan is working.  :O)

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

newme_38
on 7/31/12 12:43 am - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12
That's a great accomplishment!!! Yes WE are indeed BLESSED!!  KEEP PUSHING.
AdeanaMarie
on 7/31/12 3:04 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
 Thanks!  Counting my blessings is one of my favorite things to do.  You would think I would do it more often!  :O)

Italian-Princess
on 7/31/12 6:05 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
What an inspiration you are!  You're doing a superb job and should be proud of yourself!  I'm very happy for you   

Will keep fingers crossed for you to reach that 100 pounds goal in 6 months.  If it takes 7, 'tis okay -- having the goal is the important part!

Good Luck!
AdeanaMarie
on 7/31/12 10:43 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
 Thanks!  Originally I thought it would take a year to lose 100.  So, I guess I am ahead of schedule at this point.  I hope to do it in 7 now, but will rejoice with any pounds lost.

jarabacoagirl
on 8/1/12 3:50 pm
VSG on 12/17/12
82 pounds in 5 months is awesome.  Even 82 pounds in 1 year would be good!  Keep up the good work.  Congrats!!!!  :-)

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

AdeanaMarie
on 8/1/12 9:59 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
 Thanks!  This has been an amazing journey for me so far and I am blessed to have no complications.  I know others struggle with complications and set backs, so I am very grateful for my success, blessings and the hope I have for future success.  Hope your journey is a wonderful one as well.

jarabacoagirl
on 8/2/12 1:09 am
VSG on 12/17/12
Thank you!  I'm so nervous but I can't wait at the same time!  :-)

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views