C-reactive protein Test - blood fat

pcannedy
on 8/1/12 4:31 am - Sacramento, CA
Dr Oz was talking about this blood test on his show.  I had it done, mine was 1.  Measures inflamation in the blood. 

less than 1 lowest risk
1-3 average
3 over highest risk

pcannedy
on 8/1/12 4:33 am - Sacramento, CA
Not Blood Fat, inflammation of the arties

slatond
on 8/1/12 6:32 am
Just curious .. do u know what it was b4 surgery? Mine was REAL REAL REAL high. I'd like to get done post surgery and see if that changed.

pcannedy
on 8/1/12 7:24 am - Sacramento, CA
Never had it done; this is the first time.  I never heard about it till Dr. Oz.  but I have been eating very low fat, and high protein - so I am so happy with the results.  Have you had your surgery yet, if so it should come down.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/12 6:20 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
 if yours was real real real high it could be inflammation from arthritis or infections.  
pcannedy
on 8/2/12 7:06 am - Sacramento, CA
Inflammation that clogged the arties.  More risk of heart trouble.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/12 6:19 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
 mine is over 3 and i have high cholesterol (not super high but just over the border of high).  scares the hell out of me.  been drinking anti inflammatory teas and stuff.  wrote about it in another post.  i smoke and weigh 210lbs.  (haven't had surgery yet).  i think both are contributing factors.
pcannedy
on 8/2/12 7:24 am - Sacramento, CA
dr oz just says to begin away of eating healthy, so start eating today.  I eat chicken breast, veggies, fruit and ff diary. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 8:03 am - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
oh you bet!  i found out about that test by accident, i had all my blood test results here at home and looked up what all the ones i didn't understand meant.  i was suprised it wasn't marked as H for high.  the values were
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views