Anyone experience back pain as they lose weight?

AdeanaMarie
on 8/3/12 3:03 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
For the last two weeks my back has been hurting between my shoulder blades.  Not a constant pain, just when I move certain ways.  And it hurts more when I try to stand up very straight with good posture.  I thought it was from using weights a****er fitness, but it just seems to be getting worse, even though I stopped using the weights.  Any thoughts?  

Has anyone else experienced this type of back pain?  If it isn't better in a couple more days I think I will see the doctor about it.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

jonilindgren
on 8/3/12 4:09 am - MN
VSG on 05/17/13
I am no doctor, but I would say you pulled a muscle.
AdeanaMarie
on 8/3/12 4:21 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I am hoping it is something that can heal up and quick. Not fun. But I know others with much worse back pain, but it does concern me. I looked up stretches on line and I think it does have something to do with my poor posture, which probably stems from poor core muscles. Going to work on that and see what happens. thanks!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

woon
on 8/3/12 5:08 am - WV
I think this is like the third post I have made on OH, Although I am on here lurking daily.

I have the same problem. Doing dishes, laundry, and blow drying my hair are the times it is the worst . My pain is like an extreme fatigued muscle: more of a burning type pain.   I did mention it to my PCP and She said that she felt sure it was from a slight pinched nerve.
She explained that due the rapid weight loss it allowed  room for movement of  body tissues;  and that a nerve was likley being pinched.  I think she is correct, it has improved. It is really only noticed during the times I previously mentioned.  However when it first started it was really bad during walking and running.

I am not try to give medical advice just wanted you to know that I too developed upper back pain after VSG. If your pain continues you should see your DR.
AdeanaMarie
on 8/3/12 5:10 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
 Thanks for your reply.  I am guessing it is something to do with things moving around a bit because of so much of the excess fat and bulk being gone.  I will keep watching it and go to the doc if needed.  Thanks for the info.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views