Small NSV: Everything old is new again!!

dr_spatula
on 8/15/12 10:38 pm
VSG on 07/27/12
So...while downstairs tonight, I happened to rifle through some of my boxes-o-clothes that I just couldn't part with prior to moving to our new house last year....and I found clothes that fit! I haven't worn any since 2004! (Here's hoping they're still in style, or something). I even found a grey wool/poly suit that I found on Jessica London several years ago that never even fit before (and didn't have the heart to return it)...and yaaaaaay, it fits now!! And, my favorite wrap dress, the one that can go from the office to the bar (just like Day to Nite Barbie!). It's been so long, old friend.

My next goal is to get back into my most favorite Lane Bryant jeans that I bought circa 2000, before LB was bought out by Fashion Bug (and the clothes just haven't been the same since, but I digress...). You all know those kind of jeans...the ones that just feel like you...broken in but sturdy, yet still buttery soft and sing when they fit around your hips? Well, I have about 4 inches to go until they can fit comfortably...so here's hoping they can fit sometime in September!!!

Thanks for reading! Now off to bed before I

Kris R.
on 8/16/12 12:18 am - Walworth, NY
Yea for you!! Keep up the good work!  I'm still pre-op, but stories like yours makes me excited to get this going.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Snowberry
on 8/16/12 6:39 am
VSG on 04/10/12
 Wow, you are doing amazing!  And I agree, it is the best feeling to pull out clothes that haven't fit in years and be able to wear them!  That is my favorite NSV too!

Tracasa
on 8/16/12 7:18 am
Day to night Barbie lmao you crack me up! Feels good when you start getting into old clothes that were favorites. Keep rocking that sleeve

Shagdoll
on 8/16/12 7:50 am
Day to Nite Barbie??!??? I love that!!!!
Congrats on your NSV's. Expect more to come; you are doing awesome!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Jane B.
on 8/16/12 8:04 am - Strathmore, Canada
VSG on 01/11/12 with
I know what you mean!  My closet is like Christmas everytime I purge the things that are too big, I see more things that now fit again.  Actually, I have to go shopping as I am now out of what used to be my skinny jeans.  Love my sleeve!
HW: 243 SW:228 GW:160
"I want to really live, not just be putting in time"    

dr_spatula
on 8/16/12 1:16 am, edited 8/16/12 1:17 am
VSG on 07/27/12
Thanks, all!!  All the support on this forum helps me keep going, which is something I've never known I needed, but in a way always wanted. Most of my closest friends have never dealt with obesity, and the plus-sized women I used to be acquainted with (through work, grad school, etc.) were the competitive type...you may know that archetype ("I'm big but not as big as her..."). So, other women I could have been able to support and draw support from were not really there. Thank God for OH. I am so grateful to read your stories, successes, and journeys.

I used to look at my obesity as a personal battle (me vs. the scale of doom), and in a major way it is still a personal thing; however, I have to re-frame it as no longer a battle. For me, if I keep seeing my weight as something I have to 'battle,' I will never succeed as I would perceive the battle to be endless. The scale is just that...a non-entity. My obesity is something that I choose to no longer have in my life...kind of like the clothes that are in our closets that just don't fit anymore (yaaaay and good-bye size 26 jeans!!!!!). I choose to no longer see my weight as an obstacle or mountain, or food as my confidante or friend. It was a long, scary road to get here (lots of soul-searching), and my journey is far from over. However, I am confident that I have the tools and orientation to reach my destination.

Edit: And Day to Nite Barbie was one of my favorites...along with Peaches-n-Cream Barbie!! 

Hugs to all and have a great Thursday!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views