17 days post op

TennisGirl
on 8/30/12 6:12 pm - OH
 I was sleeved on aug. 13, and everything has gone along just fine. I'm able to get my fluids and protein in and have been walking twice a day for 30 minutes at a time. My only problem is my energy level. I feel like I could just sit on the couch all day long. Anyone else experience this? How long might this last? I was very active per- surgery and this is bumming me out! P.s. - I am done with full fluids and have moved on to soft foods with no issues...
cthompson580
on 8/30/12 8:00 pm
VSG on 06/14/12
Yes, I felt like that about that time too. It gets better. I'm about 2 1/2 months out and most days I feel pretty good as long as I'm getting my protein in.

Leaky Sleeve Survivor!! 

4seasons
on 8/30/12 8:22 pm
VSG on 08/13/12
 I too had surgery on the 13th and feel the same way. I know it's temporary but it's frustrating. I hate sitting around. 

"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." 

HW: 310 ~ SW: 289 ~ GW: 175
Luvnall3
on 8/30/12 8:59 pm
Same here. I walk my children to and from school. Its a 30 min. walk. After I come back home, I literally could go back to bed. I am still napping in the afternoon 1x day.  for 30m-1 hr. I hope it does get better, since I got cleared for cardio & have no extra energy to actually do it yet! Good luck

31 yrs. old~Height : 5'4" HW: 265 * SW: 263 * CW: 181 * GW: 160

LadydeeNJ
on 8/31/12 4:09 am - NJ
VSG on 08/13/12
I too got sleeved on Aug 13 and i find that I have been having a surge of energy that Im painting and cleaning and walking daily like a lunatic. I do find that I work best when Im hydrated! if i dont get all my water im dragging ass. Maybe im nesting like those pregnant woman do before the baby since i know i have one more week before i return to the old ball and chain called work. Im mentally preparing myself for my old routine to return soon. PS i am done with full fluids too and skipped puree... are u pureeing ?
TennisGirl
on 8/31/12 6:43 am - OH
 Thanks all! Makes me feel better to know there are others in the same boat!  I just keep telling myself to do everything the doctor and his staff have told me to do and hang on!  I'll keep pushing the fluids, which haven't been a problem so far, and enjoying the soft foods...  I appreciate all of your responses.
Pinkone
on 8/31/12 7:22 am - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
8/13 here also. I have about the same energy I had pre-op, but on my work days (only tues and thurs right now), I am more tired when I get home. On the up side though, a week out, I'd get tired doing grocery or Wal Mart shopping trips. That's not a problem now.

My problem is I'm stuck -- no weight loss going on here! I initially lost 12 or so pounds right after surgery. Then went a few days with no loss. Then lost 5 lbs in 2 days. Gained 1.5 of that right back, like it wasn't even real. THEN days with no more loss. Today, maybe 1 lb down. A 2nd check of the scale didn't confirm it. Waaaahhhhh!!!
Tracey    
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views