What does your nut recommend??

Jewelz13
on 9/6/12 5:25 pm - TX
 How much fat, calories, protein, carbs, ect. Does your NUT allow in a day? Just curious. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/12 7:47 pm
 My NUT only gave a protein goal of 60-80g per day. The instructions say to eat 2oz of protein FIRST and then 1 oz of veggies, and if you have room, 1 oz of fruit or cereal. I don't know if I am going to worry about carbs, as long as I'm only getting them from dairy, veggies, or fruit. It depends on my weight loss, I guess. But personally, I like the idea of including veggies and fruits... carbs be damned. And she said to eat 3 meals per day with no snacks in between.

Needless to say, I have a lot of questions for her at the follow up!
hmtaylor76
on 9/6/12 9:01 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
My NUT says minimum 60g more if possible, 40g carb or less, 20g fat or less. I am hitting about 80 with a protein shake after workout. Good luck.
USAF Wife
on 9/7/12 5:05 am
60+ grams of protein, no more than 40gr of total carbs, and no limit or guideline on fat intake. This was from my surgeon, but my nut(s), went through 3 of them, were all idiots and I refused their guidelines.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Jewelz13
on 9/7/12 6:45 am - TX
Thank you!

AdeanaMarie
on 9/7/12 7:15 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
1000 - 1200 calories per day, minimum of 80 grams protein, no carb limits or fat limits. Just to stay within calorie range and not overeat sleeve, so she recommends small meals throughout the day. I try and stick to under 1000 calories at this point, I am six months out tomorrow. Some days I hit 1100 and rarely 1200 or over, but I do not freak out if I do. My body likes the higher calorie count and the good carbs as well.

I need to kick up the exercise a bit for muscle tone, but still losing at a very steady pace.

Main point my nutritionist made to me, was that she has never seen any one stall for a long period of time or gain, if they continue to track calories and protein and are honest with themselves. Really made me commit full force to tracking daily. Now it is just a routine and I actually like doing it old school with a pencil and note pad I keep with me always.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

LaughingCow
on 9/7/12 10:39 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I asked my NUT that, and she said to focus on protein and produce.  I'm not sure that would work for everybody, but I have to say it was transforming for me.  I was making such small meals that once I prepared a protein and a produce, I didn't need to make anything else.  And that freed me up to just eat without obsessing, which really helps me. 

I think if she'd said "Have no more than X carbs", I would have had a much harder time with it.  
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views