Stalled so soon... Vets chime in...

Jewelz13
on 9/9/12 1:30 pm - TX
 So I stalled for about 21 days and then I started losing again for about a week. Now I'm stalling again... It's that time of the month does that have something to do with it? How many stall then lose only to turn around and stall again so quickly??

TexasLovely
on 9/9/12 1:35 pm
 I don't think you're stalling, we just tend to retain water during that time.
I wouldn't worry too much.
Youll start losing again, just follow your plan. The weight has to come off.
sleevegirl
on 9/9/12 1:52 pm - Austin, TX
First.

CALM DOWN.

LOL I freaked out too, but some people lose in a stair step pattern. I certain did! I would lose 1-4 pounds in a week, gain 2 back or so and then lose those 2 for the next week netting me to zero and then lose 1-4 and it would start all over.

Go to my profile, click on "sleevegirl" under my face. Scroll ALL the way down. See my weekly numbers? Besides a few longer stalls and a few longer losing weeks, I lost every other week. I have done that for the VAST majority of this 184 pounds I've lost.

A LOT of people lose this way. I promise you, it will come off. I told you your stall would break and it did right? Trust me. I know of what I speak. Do NOT do anything crazy, just stick to your plan.

Stay off the scale if you need to (I needed that daily check in with myself, but IF YOU DO THAT you need to be prepared for daily ups and downs, it's going to happen). I only record losses, never gains because I know it's not real and I know this is how it works.

It's going to be okay. I promise.

Where in Texas are you? Do you have a support group?

Disclaimer: I started MUCH heavier than you so do NOT compare numbers, okay? LOL

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Evymetalmommy
on 9/9/12 2:35 pm - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
I'm a stair stepper.  I will stall for 2-3 weeks then lose then 2 weeks later the same thing.  It's frustrating but ultimately I know I am getting to where I am wanting to be.   Also....for me the inches fall off when weight isn't.  I've tried to focus more on inches lately so I don't obsess over the number on the scale. 
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

Pobearsam7
on 9/9/12 4:56 pm
You should call your doctor if you have concerns about your stalls to better understand what is going on w/ your body

Kelly                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views