chocolate chip cookies

slwths
on 10/6/12 10:56 am, edited 10/6/12 10:59 am
VSG on 08/27/12
I will be six weeks out from surgery on Monday...yay.  I have lost right around 30 pounds.  My scales are not digital...so it is hard to know exactly.  Tonight my family was wanting chocolate chip cookies...so I made some (the already made dough kind).  I had a nibble of the raw dough and then ate 1/2 a cookie.  Then I stopped...knowing it wasn't the best choice.  I am kind of disgusted with myself.  True, that before surgery, I would frequently eat 6-8 cookies and soem dough as well and not think a thing about it...so a nibble of dough and 1/2 a cookie isn't aweful...but still feel badly.  I love chocolate...but don't want to.  Anyway...just thought I'd share my goof...

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend. 

Keith L.
on 10/6/12 12:01 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
 I wouldn't feel bad about it, you exhibited great self control and still got what you wanted. If you focus on that as a success rather than the cookie as a failure, then your journey will be a great success. I think somehow as lifelong dieters we got it into our heads that if we screw up the diet is a failure. We need to get back in the saddle and ride.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

slwths
on 10/6/12 1:25 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
Very true. Thanks for your post!
cajunlady1958
on 10/6/12 4:03 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I am five months post op. I was in a grocery store today and they were giving away samples of chocolate chip cookies. I tried a bite and got this aweful taste n my mouth. I ended up spitting it out, tasted like metal. I wonder what they did to my taste buds while I was in the hospital, lol.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

slwths
on 10/6/12 11:19 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
Ha, funny. They messed with your sweet meter.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views