Frustrated - day 5 post op - I'm really trying hard, body not cooperating

Ohiogirl
on 10/7/12 10:24 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 I do have insurance so of course if I have to - I will head to ER and hope that the coding does not reflect that I had recent bariatric surgery.  Question is - will they know what to do for me since I have had recent sleeve surgery - no one  does the sleeve in my area.  I have since called the PA back - pressure is still up 168/112 - she is having the practice internal med dr call me - so far no call - has been 1/2 hr.  I'll keep you posted - going to be a long night I think.
sheranfour
on 10/7/12 10:34 am
I'm sorry...but I have to say...I think you should go get looked at. You just had surgery and other medical issues...too much is going on and a high B/P can just be a sign of something that a phonecall can't diagnose.
I will pray for you no matter what you decide to do....remember though...this too shall pass.
You've been thru so much already...you are a tough cookie and whatever is going on, you'll power right thru this too!!
Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Ohiogirl
on 10/7/12 11:15 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 Thanks for your response.  MY BP is down to 154/95.  PA called me back but so far no internal medicine call.  It is almost time for my regular BP med - hoping he will tell me to take it and see what happens - if I can just get it down til morning - I'll be happy to head up to Cleveland then.  By the time I find someone to take me and someone to watch my husband - it could be morning anyway.  I think I am a tough cookie - just tend to crumble a bit sometimes.  
ordinarybeauty
on 10/7/12 1:26 pm
VSG on 09/27/12
I have little advice other than you deserve the best care from the best folks, even if you are not using your insurance. If I were in your shoes, I would be checking into the hospital that understood your heart/BP condition and bariatric surgery needs, no matter where it was.

I wish you a smoother recovery than you have had thus far....................

doctorleelee
on 10/7/12 3:05 pm - Oakland, CA
VSG on 09/13/12
 I am a heart patient too. My surgery was postponed too. After surgery I had a lot of medical issues. And at 3 weeks my surgeon told me he was sure I would be re-admitted to the hospital before now, but I wasn't. Why?

My surgeon has a good team, a nutritionist and a psychologist and a surgical nurse. He or they return calls right away. Every problem I had, they helped with (or my cardiologist did), and that is why I stayed home. 

Now it is 3 weeks (almost 4) for me and the big problems are gone. I am progressing like most others, only much slower. The pain and suffering is almost all behind me now.

My advice. Talk to the doctor (surgeon or cardiologist or primary care physician) every single day you are having a problem. If they can do something about it (change your meds or what you are eating or whatever), then let them help you. And if you aren't getting better, your doctors will tell you to go to the hospital. LISTEN TO THEM, whatever they tell you. Why? because you just had a serious surgery on top of pre-existing conditions. It is too much for you to handle. Talk to your doctors, and listen to their advice!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views