So how easy is it to gain with a sleeve? Let me tell you......

NanaDebby65
on 10/10/12 10:24 am - North Richland Hills, TX

Eating crap!! Plain and simple!

I reached my goal weight (140) about 2 years ago. When I hit 135 I had a little freak out. Then when I hit 130 I totally hit the panic button!

I was already getting the anorexic comments and I personally didnt like the way I looked so I set out to intentionally gain a few lbs.

I didnt gain the healthy way. I decided to add a daily candy bar and/or chips. Full fat/sugar Starbucks drinks a couple or 3 times per week. Along with a lot of other crap. You get the picture.

I sighed a sigh of relief when I hit 135 and thought ok much better. Continued with the crap until I was maintaining between 137-139. I kept telling myself I looked so much better and that I was happy, finally.

About 3 months ago I caught myself heading towards the vending machine for my 2nd candy bar of the day. I thought what the hell are your doing? Of course my answer was, well I'm under 140 so it's ok.

It was in that moment that I realized what I was doing. I was justifying my crap eating. Seriously! I was telling myself it was ok to eat candy.

At that point I mentally slapped myself upside the head and decided I was well on my way to regain even more weight if I didnt do something about it now.

I have cut the crap and am back on plan. I'm eating a well balanced diet of protein, veggies, whole grains and dairy. I do have a "treat" about once a week and am ok with it.

I have lost 10 lbs in the past 3 months by being back on plan. I weighed in at 129.2 this morning and you know what, I AM happy with this weight. This could have been so much worse than what it was if I hadnt realized what I was doing.

I'm going to continue with the healthy eating and if I lose a few more pounds, I'm OK with. I will never start back down that slippery path again. This was my eye opening moment and I am so glad I realized what I was doing.

Just my cautionary tale of what can and will happen if you allow it.

HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
Amy 2bhealthy
on 10/10/12 10:35 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Great post. Congrats on your continued success! I hope I can one day say all the same things you have on this post. Great insight, thanks.

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

NanaDebby65
on 10/10/12 10:23 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
You are welcome!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/12 11:06 am
What a wonderful post and sharing of what can happen when we lose vigilance.

I sadly can say "Amen!" because I've just gotten back into town after a very stressful week back east and some very poor food choices. I had to have a sit down with myself on the plane home and now I understand why I did what I did and what the triggers were. I'm back on track and my gain was superficial - I'm in my goal range - but still, I see what a slippery  slope it can be!
NanaDebby65
on 10/10/12 10:28 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
It is VERY EASY to go back!!

I have seen post by people stating you have to be vigilant for life and I would roll my eyes and think "whatever"! Now, I completely agree!!

Good for you on getting back on track, that's the hardest part!!
Elbie
on 10/10/12 11:31 am
Thank you for posting this. I am so scared of gaining weight after surgery. I hope I can keep the weight off successfully.
NanaDebby65
on 10/10/12 10:30 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Weight gain is scary!! Paying attention to what your eating is the key! You can and will do this!!
janielynne
on 10/10/12 1:12 pm

Thank you so much for this post.  Im struggling with the last 20 lbs, and I have seen myself doing a few of these things.  Thanks for slapping me back into reality.

NanaDebby65
on 10/10/12 10:31 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Your welcome!! Get back on plan! You can do this! Hopefully the "slap" didnt hurt too bad!! :)
peazwithin
on 10/10/12 1:45 pm - Tallahassee, FL
VSG on 10/02/12
Thank you so much for this post. That level of honesty is not easy to face and really had to be hard to share it with all of us, so I thank you for your transparency. I am a week out and you do wonder, what will I do if I get to a number a size that I am not comfortable with??? That's not just daunting but a downright scary idea for a girl that hasn't see those numbers in waaaay to many years! How will I react? What would I do? I now have this post  a great reference point. What I truly appreciate is you got your reality check and then got it in to gear. Should I see a number I don't like, I can now gain from your wisdom! Hat's Off to you Ma'amYou totally Rock!
Shelia
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views