Done beating up on myself..

furrynana
on 10/10/12 12:07 pm
I was unhappy with myself at the start of this journey.  Why couldn't I just do this myself?  Why did I need to take a drastic step?

So I'm 12 weeks out and doing well.  Two more pounds to overweight.  My goal is to be there by my three month mark next week.  After the first month huge loss, I've been losing about two pounds a week.  I'm happy with that rate, but it seems pretty normal.  That's the type of loss I expected dieting on my own, but couldn't do. 

I've been tracking my calories, and I range from 700-800 a day.  And then it hits me - I could NEVER have limited myself to 700-800 calories a day, not even for a week, much less for the extended period of time needed for the kind of weight loss I needed.  Not possible.  It wasn't in me.  This sleeve is what I needed, and I'm finally, truly comfortable with it and proud of my own strength for taking this step.

jjldh_va
on 10/10/12 12:19 pm
VSG on 10/09/12 with
My unhappyness and frustration with myself on why I was unable to do it on my own is what helped me make the decision to do the surgery.  I just had mine done yesterday, so I am a few weeks out, but I am looking forward to finally getting to the point I need to.

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

Mom_2_4
on 10/10/12 12:20 pm
VSG on 05/22/13
Good for you!  AND Thank you for letting me know my questions are normal.

Congrats...
Elisa
Julie L.
on 10/10/12 4:28 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12
This is the question I've been asking myself for years now.   I have lots of knowledge in my head about nutrition.  I've read tons of books.   I understand what goes on in the body when you exercise,  when you diet... I have had great success with intermittent fasting,  and with low carb in general.  I can easily lose 2-3 pounds a week doing low carb and not really counting calories,  I can easily lose 2-3 pounds a week doing intermittent fasting and not counting carbs...  And I'll do really good on them for one month,  maybe two... and then something happens and I snap,  eat a bag of cookies,  feel guilty,  and everything unravels.   I feel that I should be able to do this,  I should,  but for some reason I'm not.   And every year I just get bigger and older,  and finally I thought enough!  Enough of this.   I'm scheduled for the VSG at the end of this month.  I'm hoping to get back to a healthy weight,  for my kids.  I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old and they deserve a mother that can keep up with them and chase them around and not get winded after a walk around the block.  

Randi59
on 10/10/12 9:16 pm
I agree with everything you've said. I've been on diets my entire life...I must have lost/gained the same 30 pounds hundreds of times. I finally decided to go through with this surgery & I'm scheduled for 10/17. I'm excited, nervous, fearful of what's next, etc .... But I'm ready to get healthy! Everyone's comments have been truly inspirational. Good luck
Happy966
on 10/10/12 9:41 pm

Thank you for posting this.  So true of my own experience.  I am so proud I was persistent enough to find this surgery, to wait until my insurance covered it, and proud I pushed through the fear of the unknown to change my life in such a profound way.  Hugs to you!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

TSinNC
on 10/10/12 10:11 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Yay!! Good for you! Keep up the great work.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Dstc_99
on 10/11/12 5:59 am - WA
VSG on 08/13/12
For me the difference has been that previously I was still hungry with 700-800 calories. Now because the sleeve fills up so fast that is no longer an issue. That is a huge help for me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views