I need some ideas...

jenngirl
on 10/18/12 11:12 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
I am wondering if there are any products out there that you cannot live without, post-surgery?  I am trying to get some ideas for the folks in m y support group. We don't have many vets, as the surgeons just moved to our area recently. So we don't have a lot of experience to draw from.

I am talking food, skin care, vitamins, hair care, ANYTHING!!! If there is something out there that is tried and true.

rhearob
on 10/18/12 11:19 pm - TN

Are you looking for gift ideas for maybe gift baskets or something?

1.  Mio bottles

2.  Torani Syrups/DaVinci Syrups

3.  PB2/Walden Frams Peanut Spreads

Some things like that.  As far as skin care/Hygiene/Vitamins etc - everyone usually has their own preferences and that would be hard to address.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

jenngirl
on 10/18/12 11:44 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
No, not gifts. Just sharing ideas at support group. Our surgeon's office has a nutrition store with bariatric products, but I have found things outside of their store that I like just as well or better. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. I haven't tried the torani syrups, but I do love the Mio's. I prefer plain water, but I am sure that some of these girls would love some flavor in their water. Thanks for the ideas.

Keith L.
on 10/18/12 11:31 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Fage Greek Yogurt - great source of protein very versatile, you can eat it with some honey or stir it into chili

I am still looking for a protein powder and a cheable vitamin I can't live without

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

jenngirl
on 10/18/12 11:53 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
As I am being the guinea pig for the ideas I toss out there, I am not so sure I can mentally and physically make myself do the greek yogurt idea....Not a fan of yogurt at all. But in the chilli, does it serve kind of as sour cream??

Keith L.
on 10/19/12 12:21 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Yes you can basically substitute plain yogurt for sour cream and it is much healthier. The plain greek yogurt is a bit thicker and heartier than regular yogurt and tastes pretty much like sour cream. I like the greek a lot better and the 0% or 2% Fage is my favorite right now. I have heard the 5% Fage has more protein. You can do a lot with it too, soups, dips, add some fruit.

I haven't tried adding protein poweder to it yet but its on my list to try. Maybe tonight as a bed time snack.

k

Keith L.
on 10/19/12 12:24 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
I know you said you are not a fan of yogurt but I saw a good idea yesterday in a YouTube video I was watching. Apparently there is either  a sugar free or no sugar added fruit preserve from Smuckers that this woman mixed with her yogurt basically giving her fruit yogurt you can buy at the store but with far fewer carbs. Her example was blueberry but I got the impression there were others.

jenngirl
on 10/19/12 6:08 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Thanks, I will try that!

kristen D.
on 10/19/12 12:03 am - Middletown, NY
VSG on 09/25/12
in one of my groups one lady said she'll take plain greek yogurt and add a very little amount of onion soup mix (very salty i know, but maybe there's a low sodium version) and she'll dip veggies in it. it's her healthier/protein packed version of onion dip. haven't tried it, but i thought it was a neat idea.

RedStar98
on 10/19/12 1:25 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12
Works great!  I've actually been using plain non-fat yogurt for a whiel now, even before my sleeve; I use it for dips, and in chili; the family can't tell the difference, and it's better for them!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 182 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views