TMI....Advice and 9 month post op status

Tirza T.
on 10/23/12 3:26 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Anyone interested in seeing my 9 month post op pics are welcome to view them in my profile. I don't have the same flare and feeling I usually have when I post them on the discussion board. My 9 month post op was the 17th but, I have not been feeling like myself. I have no change in my weight from last month. I have done a lot of gaining and losing this past month and the end result on October 17th is that I am the same exact weight. Anyway, the TMI comes in here...

I have had what I believe is a period going on it's third week. I am also entering my fourth week of headaches. Has anyone else experienced this? I have been bleeding now over 14 days! It is freaking me out and I am wondering if this is related to my binge and gain, then diet and lose rollercoaster I have been on in the last 4 weeks. I also noticed that I am experiencing severe hair loss again. I had significant hair loss beginning month three and ending at month 6 1/2. since then nothing out of the ordinary like pre-surgery normal shedding. Again, has anyone else experienced this? I have a Doctor's appointment on November 20th and I was trying to hold out on making a call to her. However, I am starting to freak out about this and I haven't been sleeping well as a result of the headaches and the anxeity that is being generated because of this.

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
Shagdoll
on 10/23/12 3:33 am, edited 10/23/12 3:36 am

Gurl, 1st I need to address the most important thing here.  Please give your doctor a call because bleeding for 2 weeks straight is not normal, especially if you've never bled anywhere close to that before.  I would be very concerned about this.  You cannot wait an entire month to find out what is going on.

2nd, you are gorgeous gurl.  I need to check out your pics because I remember your other progress post with pics & everyone claiming their stake on you!!!
I think what you are going thru as far as the weight roller coaster happens to a lot of people. It certainly happened to me.  I think it's important though to not lose focus because it's true what they say ... it does get harder to lose the last pounds the further out we are BUT it is totally attainable.  Some of us just get burned out; feeling like we are dieting & dieting BUT this is a lifestyle change that we need to get used to and make it a part of our everyday life.  I'm glad you posted about this because I think a lot of us can relate. 

I am coming back on my post because I forgot to answer another question of yours.  I still lose a lot of hair but it's not as bad as before.  I also have had increased anxiety post-op.  I know why a lot of this is but still.  My best friend at work doesn't understand why I am not sitting on a bed of roses as a result of my weight loss & being so close to my final goal weight.  We are all dealing with so many drastic changes in our lives whether it's physical, emotional or mental changes or all three; it's not just about looking great.  I wi**** was all so easy.

Take good care of yourself gurl; this is why we got sleeved in the 1st place.  Please PLEASE ask your doctor about the bleeding & keep us posted, ok?  (((HUGS)))

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Tirza T.
on 10/23/12 3:38 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Thanks for your reply Jenn I really appreciate it. I wrote about my experience because I am trying to be as honest as I can. These post and photos are just as much for me as they are for anyone else and I would be doing everyone a disservice (myself included) if I wasn't honest about my journey. Thanks for your support!

I was hoping this bleeding thing was a hormonal thing but now I am not so sure.

Female, Height 5'6"
Shagdoll
on 10/23/12 3:43 am, edited 10/23/12 3:44 am
On October 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM Pacific Time, Tirza T. wrote: Thanks for your reply Jenn I really appreciate it. I wrote about my experience because I am trying to be as honest as I can. These post and photos are just as much for me as they are for anyone else and I would be doing everyone a disservice (myself included) if I wasn't honest about my journey. Thanks for your support!

I was hoping this bleeding thing was a hormonal thing but now I am not so sure.

You welcome gurl and if you ever need to message me, even if it's just to talk about anything please feel free.  We need to be honest for sure, otherwise what's the point?  I don't want to paint a pretty picture that I followed all the rules when I havent.  I am normal, I still struggle with food issues and I always will.  Other people need to feel like they are not alone.  We are all here for support. 

The bleeding might be hormonal but you just wanna check it out gurl for your own peace of mind. 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

howarli
on 10/23/12 5:29 am - MD

Hope everything works out for you........This post hits home for me because as of today it has been 10days straight for me (TOM) no headaches but just feel really really tired.  I will be calling me doctor on Friday if it doesn't stop by then. Please contact your doctor as soon as possible.

amina1976
on 10/23/12 8:21 am - FL
I owuld check with the doctor sooner than Nov 20th you have a major hormone issue going on.
sleevegirl
on 10/23/12 8:42 am - Austin, TX
Visit the gyno. I was done with kids and had all kinds of issues a year post op so we did an ablation. I now rarely even need a panty liner. This might not be the right thing for you, but you won't know unless you go.

I'd call and make an immediate appointment. Iron, girlfriend.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Tirza T.
on 10/23/12 10:03 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Thanks all for your responses

Female, Height 5'6"
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views