I FEEL SICK...

OneHotMomma-Caryn
on 10/25/12 12:08 am

Today is not a good day, last night wasn't good either.  I am feeling so nauseous!!  I have been sleeved for 6 weeks/ 1 day.  I took some Milk of magnesia last night in hopes that it will help.  I called my doctor this morning with me thinking that maybe I have a stomach virus.  She doesn't believe I do since I don't have diarrhea.  She did call in a prescription for nausea in hopes that will help, if it doesn't she wants to see me in her office.

Well this is my 1st time with my new tummy and being this sick.  I feel helpless since I don't want to take any over the counter meds and injury my new tummy.  I hope this pass real soon so I could continue to be the bubbly me that I am.

Have any of you been nauseous since being sleeved?  If so, what have you done for it?  This is a miserable feeling that I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy.

Oh, my doctor did want to know if I'm getting my fluids in.  I am, I drink so much water, powerade zero and diet snapples and I am not contispated.  So only think I could think is stomach virus. 

HELP!!! My NEW tummy aches!!!

Caryn

SW: 257 LBS    CW: 205 LBS   GW: 140 LBS    

slimpickins5280
on 10/25/12 12:16 am - CO
Only when I started regular food at about a month to 6 weeks out. You have to chew the crap out of the food. Also, not drinking enough water has done it to me once.

Glad you are in contact with your doc. Make sure to stay on top of it.

Good luck.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

VerucaSallt
on 10/25/12 12:17 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with
Mint or ginger tea has always helped me with nausea and an upset stomach.  I haven't had the need for it since my VSG but it's worth a shot :D

OneHotMomma-Caryn
on 10/25/12 12:54 am
Thanks Ladies!  I am 6 weeks out and probably didn't chew my food well enough.  Bet I'll remember next time!!!  I will also drink some mint tea "have some at work" and hope my tummy feels better soon.

Thanks a bunch!!
Caryn

SW: 257 LBS    CW: 205 LBS   GW: 140 LBS    

angieg0410
on 10/25/12 1:55 am - OK
Are you on a PPI for acid?  Acid tears up my stomach if I don't take my pill everyday.  If you aren't, call your dr for a script for pepcid (cheaper through an RX than OTC).

~Angie~

Starting weight: 267
Goal weight: 140

morgans
on 10/25/12 2:19 am
VSG on 06/18/12
There have been times off and on where I've been nauseous. I'm a big fan of peppermint tea for that. 

There does seem to be a stomach bug going around this time of year, but hopefully it's not that!

Most Active