3 months and 1 day!!

Teresa J.
on 11/7/12 6:55 am - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with

Yesterday marked 3 months since my VSG surgery.  I am down 46 pounds total and all my clothes are falling off.  Before surgery I was wearing a size 20W and the other day I bought a regular size 16 and there is bagginess in the butt!!  I have gone from 233 to 187.  I can't remember the last time I was in the 180's.  I a learning something new about my self everyday.  I have learned that sugar is not my friend (not that it was before) and it will make me sick if I eat it.  I have learned to look for the signs that my body give me that it is full and does not need anything else to eat.  It really is quite neat when I get that really big hiccup and I know to stop.  I have started losing my hair which did not really worry me at first but now I am getting a little concerned.  I take my multivitamin, B12, Biotin and calcium w/ vit D everyday.  How long did the hair loss last?  I have really thick hair and would lose quite a bit normally before surgery but it has really increased a lot the last few weeks.

Teresa

Nadurra Deb
on 11/7/12 7:55 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12

Yah! WooHoo! You are doing great sleeve sister! I'm still sporting my 18s but they are getting rather loose now. I hate to have to spend money on clothes but I don't have anything smaller than 18s...maybe the Good Will? I have not noticed any increase in my hair loss...yet. I suppose that is right around the corner for me too...yahoo! I don't think there is much you can do but wait it out, take your vitamins and your protein and remember it is temporary and will return. I have heard of hair loss in that 3-6 month time period...hopefully not longer than that! Most of the folks with significant hair beyond a year out are usually admitting they were bad about vitamins or protein. Hopefully if we do what we are suppose to do it won't last very long. Do you think you will cut your hair? That is something that many seem to do that helps their hair look fuller when it does some thinning.

You are doing great! Our weight loss is almost identical. I started at 230 lbs and as of monday I was 185.6 lbs. We are rockin our sleeves!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views