Kinda Nervous

aaron_n
on 11/13/12 3:21 am

I Had my surgery on 11/8/12 so just a few days Post-Op and I thought my Surgeon would have taken a look at me with an X-Ray or something the day after my surgery. I am worried about having a leak and no I don't feel like I do just wish he would have looked at it and put my mind at ease. I go for my first Post-Op check in with him tomorrow is it something I should bring up or just not think about it? Thanks for your Help

Calking
on 11/13/12 1:06 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

First of all if you had a leak or he suspected you had a leak you wouldn't have been discharged.  Also you would know if there was a leak ... based on different posts within this forum there would be a lot of pain if a leak existed.

That being said I would definitely ask your surgeon.  They are there to answer all your questions and concerns.  I have emailed my surgeon with many questions as I have them come up.  He has been very responsive and comforting as well as offering useful suggestions.  Part of the reason for a checkup is so that he makes sure all is well and you offer up information that will help him diagnose your success.  If you think you have or are concerned about having a leak, then it is actually your responsibility to bring it up.

There are no silly questions when it comes to your health ... regardless if we are talking about your physical or mental health.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

aaron_n
on 11/13/12 10:16 pm

Thanks Calking I will for sure ask about it and thanks for your reply as well

joannalu_1970
on 11/14/12 4:55 am - CA
VSG on 01/29/13

While doing research I read somewhere that some surgeons perform a leak test before you wake up from surgery, while they are still "in there."  Maybe that happened?  I think that if you're feeling fine (no pain, no fever) and can take in your food/liquids, things are fine.  

emelar
on 11/14/12 6:59 am - TX

My surgeon checked for leaks while I was still under.  Yours might have as well.  Some docs don't check.  Honestly, if you have one, it's not like they can surgically fix it.  Generally, you just wait until it closes on its own.  If you're not having symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it, but certainly ask about it at your appointment.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 81 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 297 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 345 views