very low carb

mai7amad
on 11/13/12 10:04 am - United Arab Emirates

iv been stalled for about a month now , i tried lowering calories to 600 for  a couple of days then tried upping calories nothing worked , what do you think about lowering carbs to 20 or less ????? i heard it will shed pounds but will bring them back sooner or later when i introduce carbs back in to my diet... will 40 carbs or less start weight loss again... i dont count carbs , i lost all 93 pounds with out counting carbs just counting cals.

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/13/12 10:18 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Drastically reducing your carb intake will reduce your glycogen stores, which will dump water, which will look great on the scale, but won't have much impact on the fat in your body, so the weight (water & glycogen) will come right back as soon as you start eating normally.

Why not do the simple - put your scale away for a few weeks and really focus on what you're eating. Are you weighing and measuring? Logging? Are you suffering from portion slippage?

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

mai7amad
on 11/13/12 10:30 am - United Arab Emirates

well , i never exceed my calorie intake but i did on purpose to move things around .

but im going to take your advice and let my husband hide the scale for a couple of weeks and stay on plan and see what happens .

cece58
on 11/13/12 12:03 pm - CA

Cut your carbs to 40 or below. Carbs should come from veggies--leafy green, radishes, cucumbers. Not starcy or sugary ones such as corn or peas. Eating carbs will make you crave more carbs. Stick to a high protein (100 grams) low carb & fat (less than 40), 64 oz or more of water and take your vitamins. 

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

mickeymantle
on 11/13/12 2:51 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

your within 10 lbs of your goal maybe your body likes the weight its at, i would be thrilled to be within 10 lbs of goal

LilSleeved
on 11/13/12 5:38 pm

I have hit many plateaus since starting this journey in 2008 and each time, I have cut my carbs down below 20 gms, never counted fat or calories and I always broke my plateau.  It helped me get my head back in the game and the scale moved.  I'd do it for 14 days and I would be back on track and then I'd up my carbs to 60 gms. 

One thing, I have started is Carb Cycling.  I only eat GOOD carbs once a week for the first 2 meals of the day.  I'm losing and happy about it!

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Most Active