Stall?

acr210
on 11/16/12 4:12 am - VT
VSG on 10/30/12

I had my surgery on October 30th. I lost just about 11 pounds the first week and a half. Since then (last Friday) I have been up and down 1- 1 1/2 pounds. I am wondering if I could be in a stall already? I can't help but be a little discouraged. Any words of wisdom?

Height: 5'1     HW: 220      Surgery Day: 197     CW: 130.5

rainyone
on 11/16/12 4:53 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Lots of people experience a stall around 3 weeks post op . Keep doing all the right things and it will break. It's your body's way of catching up to all the changes .

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

mkate73
on 11/16/12 4:58 am - NC
VSG on 10/23/12

Not sure this counts as wisdom, but we are in about the same place so I can relate and offer some support!  I was sleeved the week before you on Oct. 23rd.  Last week the scale stayed on EXACTLY the same for 5 days, I was also fearful that I was in a stall and wondering how long it would last...  On day 6, all of a sudden a two pound drop -- hooray!!  I've lost 17 pounds since surgery, 10 pounds the first week.  

My nut. recommends to weight only once a week to help temper the emotional rollercoaster of the scale -- probably good advice but hard to do (I *WANT* to see those numbers move every day!!).  Try to stay focused and have faith in the process, and try not to get caught up in the daily ups and downs of the scale.  I'm not losing as quickly as some, but I am still losing and there is lots to be said for steady progress.  My surgeon also tells me that one hour of walking every day is a key to keeping stalls at bay (as is protein and especially water). We just have to keep encouraging one another and stick to our plans! 

Applebottoms14
on 11/16/12 6:26 am
VSG on 09/14/12

Hi,

Words of advice..don't weigh yourself everyday once or twice a week if you must. I was sleeved sept.14 2012. I have lost 23 lbs total from surgery. I was concerned that I wasn't losing weight quickly enough or enough in general. According to all the info I was given prior to surgery, I was expecting alot more weight loss that that!! The numbers on the scale will DRIVE you NUTS!!! My body has changed tremendously, I am wearing clothes I haven't worn since 2008-09. I FEEL so much better and my body measurements are changing. I haven't gained any weight. I am able to exercise which I haven't been able to do in years consistently. I am not as short of breath as I used to be!! Overall these are ALL GREAT changes and IMPROVEMENTS, that the scale won't show you. Don't become a number on the scale, live your life. As long as you are doing what you are suppose to the body will respond and change, eventually the numbers on the scale will change. I understand your frustration, because I was there too after my surgery, but hang in there, don't compare yourself to others, take this journey, enjoy it, and watch the changes take place.

Hope this helps. peace and blessings,

Yves

~YvesMarie~

acr210
on 11/16/12 9:18 am - VT
VSG on 10/30/12

Thanks everyone!

Height: 5'1     HW: 220      Surgery Day: 197     CW: 130.5

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics