NSVs, good & bad days...

jjldh_va
on 11/25/12 10:57 pm
VSG on 10/09/12 with
So, had a rough Thanksgiving. First of all, I was hosting for the first time (welcome to adulthood!), and my Mom came down as well. My mom is great, but she has some issues with food and she kept wanting me to try stuff or just taste things, so I ate so much more than planned it actually made me nauseated. She left the next day so I am working on getting back on track. I have had some challenges there, cause now my mental cravings for sugar are back, but I am back in my routine now and less apt to mess up. I know this is a journey, and at 7 weeks tomorrow, I still have much to learn.

Then today, a great NSV, fitting into size 18 pants unexpectedly! I just tried them on to see and it's not even tight, just comfy! My weight is only down about a pound from last week, but I will take that and be happy with it!

However, this has been marred by news my hubby got laid off this morning. Food has always been my stress outlet, so this time will be a challenge for me mentally.

Life goes on, and tosses challenges both mental and physical in our way... It's up to me how I deal with them. I can use my sleeve tool to help me find better outlets than eating.

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

sleevegirl
on 11/25/12 11:17 pm - Austin, TX

Others wanting you to eat: Just say no. You don't want it, you don't like it, don't feel well, etc. If they know about your surgery, just say it's not on your plan, but glad they think it's good.

Woot on the pants and sorry about he lay off. We went through that a couple of years ago (hubby is a teacher). Just remember... food won't help the problem. Go for a walk (with hubby!) or write in a journal or read or whatever.

Hang in there... this is the hard part... truly, the rubber i****ting the road. What you do now is what counts. ((HUGS))

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

bob-h
on 11/25/12 11:48 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

WTG. We had surgery the same day. Sorry to hear about your hubby, but I am sure things will work out for you. Never let somebody else force you to eat. No thanks goes  a long way. 

Failure  IS NOT  an Option