Wondering about stomach size

lgm
on 11/25/12 6:23 am

My doctor said he made my stomach 100cc's, approximately how much will i be able to eat.  I am worried its too small.

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/12 7:10 am

That should be about 3.3 ounces and you should be just fine.  You will eventually be able to eat a bit more but I am pretty sure you will be happy with your capacity in the long run.

lgm
on 11/25/12 7:19 am

I am 6 days out, i was hoping to be able to take in like the size of a small lean cuisine after about a year ( just going by plate size).  I am a little concerned. Is that the norm for sleevers. 

frisco
on 11/25/12 8:22 am

Eventual sleeve capacity varies greatly, mainly between surgeon and technique.

For a visual the range can be from a half of Lean Cuisine to a Hungry Man.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

doggz109
on 11/25/12 8:34 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12

No sense in worrying about it.  It's done either way.  It can't be changed.  Just use it to your advantage!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/25/12 11:35 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Mine told me he made it 50 cc and I can eat quite enough! I think he said that to make me undereat my sleeve but probably made it larger!! But I am not testing the limits - ever! Don't worry about it. When the healing is done and the swelling has gone down you will see that it is going to be just fine.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

lgm
on 11/26/12 12:23 am

Omg! You have given me such great comfort, thank you!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/26/12 12:29 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Glad to be of help! Truly, I can eat a lot more than I thought I would be able to originally. The first weeks are not an indication of what you will end up with medium term nor long term in terms of capacity and you do want to always undereat that in any event.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views