What constitutes a stall ?? Veterans please Chime in!!

valentinoAB
on 11/29/12 12:39 am
I am 5 weeks out.... And doing great!!!
I have lost 35.2 pounds since surgery
51.2 lbs since my 2 week pre op diet

Today I got on my scale to weigh and for week 5 and only lost 2 lbs....
Is this a stall???
I am not too worried but I just want to know.. if not what IS a stall???

Thanks!!

Angel1974
on 11/29/12 12:46 am
VSG on 06/04/12

I call a stall when i don't lose any weight in more than two weeks.   I have only had one stall three weeks after surgery.  I have loss steady since then.

IF you are losing 2 pounds a week you are doing DAMN well!

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

mimij
on 11/29/12 12:47 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Losing 2 lbs in 1 week is not a stall. To me a stall is a plateau where the scale doesn't move or it fluctuates up a bit for period of time before moving down again. That period of time can be as little as several days to as much as a month. The closer you get to goal weight, the slower the weight loss may be. Also, even in the beginning when you are having steady weight loss, your body has to catch up with significant weight loss by maintaining an equilibrium before gearing up for more loss. Body fluids along with fat and as well as many other factors are involved in seeing a lower number.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

SuzyNZ
on 11/29/12 12:55 am
VSG on 09/17/12
A stall is when you don't lose anything at all. I count it as more than a week without weight loss (and sometimes I even have a small gain, probably fluid retention).

My first one was at about week 4 or 5 and lasted 13 days with no weight loss at all.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

MotoChic
on 11/29/12 1:01 am - CA

a "stall" is when the scale dsont go down for a week or more,  my first stall was around june july and i didnt loose any wt till oct and i dropped 12 lbs in like 3 weeks, and i am 9 months out  and have been loosing wt again. i already reached my goal wt and havent been trying.  but im loosing wt anyway.    im at the point  where   HOW can i stop loosing wt.       so a stall is when you dont loose for a few weeks to a few months (everyone is different)  but   keep the faith  you body will start loosing again,     for me i started loosing wt again after i stopped going to gym, and i started eating frozen yoguart a few times a week,  go figure.

Father Don
on 11/29/12 1:08 am - Charleston, SC

A stall is defines as no weight loss for 6 weeks or more.  Any time frame less is a "pause".

In a pause, your body will lose inches.  Think of this like a teeter-totter....one side is pounds....and that goes down, inches stay....once that stops, the other side (inches) start going down.....it's the body's way of catching up with rapid weight loss

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/29/12 1:10 am

According to Bariatric Surgeons a plateau is not diagnosed until you have gone 4 weeks without weight loss. I know that seems insane, but technically that is the definition.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views