WHY did you choose VSG?

BlossomD
on 12/2/12 5:27 am
VSG on 03/19/13

I'm trying to decide between RNY and VSG. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/12 1:05 pm

If you will do a search on this topic, you will come up with hundreds of really well thought out answers.  I think it might be worth your time to check that out.  If you have any other questions based on your research, don't hesitate to ask.  The search function is on the top right on the blue bar, it can be hard to find on this site.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/2/12 2:03 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Have a look in my profile. There is a blog post exactly about that....I posted it there on purpose because this question comes up once a week on average so I just refer folks....good luck with your choice!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

luvbskts
on 12/2/12 9:17 pm

I had a heart attack in Feb.  My cardiologist said no to the RNY and I didn't want it either.  The re-routing scares me.  He felt it would be too hard on my body. (we are rushing this surgery for insurance purposes and he wants to be very cautious.)  He wanted me to have the band.  I'm not comfortable with the band.  It seems like most people do well at first but then at about 3-4 yrs. out they start having issues.  So, that left the sleeve.  I feel it's the best fit for me.  It's going to be slower than the RNY but in the end, I should have the same results.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 251 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views