I'm making weird noises...

tara3103
on 12/14/12 2:15 am
VSG on 11/13/12

Everytime I each a meal, my throat and esophogus make weird, airy gurggley noises.  It's almost like I need to burp, except I never burp.  I can't even make myself...never have been able to.  This is becoming an issue at work because after I eat lunch I feel like I can't answer the phone or talk to anyone for about an hour after because they can hear the noise.  Its very odd.  Anyone else experience this?  When I eat I am making sure I am not swallowing air so I don't know what is causing it.  I also get hiccups sometimes along with it.

chitownhoyos
on 12/14/12 2:42 am - IL

I get the same thing. It can happen to me any time. Sometimes when I drink water. I just wrote it off as something that just happens. My stomach makes all kinds of noises now. You will get use to it. Most people dont even notice. I think we are just really aware of it.

Shagdoll
on 12/14/12 2:48 am, edited 12/14/12 2:49 am

I swear to the high heavens, this is annoying as heck.  I also have those weird gurgley noises that come up my esophagus & throat and then BAM!  It stops there!!!  For the love of all, I wish I could just friggin burp!!!!!!!  Sometimes I get the teeniest of a burp that comes out & I wanna strangle someone.  I need to release that pressure but it seems impossible!  OK sorry, I got all pissy about it but it's really frustrating when my other VSG friends can burp like crazy.  Humph!

But all in all, if that is the worst I have to deal with, I'll take it.  kiss

Jenn  

WWBD?  

reneemosley
on 12/14/12 7:16 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

This same thing happened to me while I was banded but has not since the sleeve.

It really bothered me. I'd be talking or whatever and this little air noise would just creep up and was uncontrollable.

Annoying.

Sorry.

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

bigred_z
on 12/14/12 1:43 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Happens to me too, both w band and the sleeve.  Just one of those things.  No one else notices, so move on.  In the big scheme of things, it's really not that big a deal. 

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views